Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spyker C8 Aileron Spyder .: WORLD PREMIERE :.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very special car! It looks amazing, all those details on the soft top are so cool.
    GOOD JOB SPYKER!!!!!!

Comment

Very nice car. I was a little disappointed about the Motortrend comments on the C8 Aileron. It doesn't seem to have been developed fully, the driver has some comments on the steering, and especially on the auto box.

2009 Spyker C8 Aileron First Drive and Review - Motor Trend

Comment

It looks fantastic, with roof up and roof down!

It even has an aerodynamic suitcase

Comment

Very nice! Can't wait to see it on the road.

Comment

I think the back of the car is a real improvement.
            I like this one more than the coupé-version.

Can't wait to see one in real life
            Olav

Instagram
            https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

More pics
                Attached Files

Comment

Plus the periscope mirror to be able to look over the luggage rack
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                    Plus the periscope mirror to be able to look over the luggage rack
                    Oh no, The top of the windshield has a rail
                    Rijk

Comment

Do you guys think Spyker converted #250 into this Spyder? The color combination is the same. And the Spyder also has the 'old' dashboard. And I guess it would be easier for them to convert a car they already have than to build a complete new car.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                        They actually write that they have the first photo. Which it clearly is not. It is a photoshop of one of the official press photos of the Aileron.

I guess they wanted to beat Spykerowner.com with having the exclusive of the Aileron Spyder, as they will have read here already that pictures will be shown here as a worldpremiere.

Just like with their discovery of the Cadillac engine for the D8 P2P. That story was all over the web within a day, but what they forgot to mention was that they found the pictures of the mule here and then checked RDW site for plate data.

And now they pretend they have another exclusive premier. with some information about the soft-top that they found somewhere else too.

They get the majority of their Spyker stories here anyways and then don't mention it.
                        Just did some "research", the picture of the Aileron Spyder was on the Pebble Beach website: Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance : Gallery

Could it be that this photoshop was made by Spyker? I don't get the impression that autoblog made the picture themselves. I was well know that the car would be unveiled at Pebble Beach (Spyker press releases etc) so I'm not really surprised.

And weren't the pictures of the P2P mule also on another website? Or am I wrong? Don't remember correctly. The fact is that they were the first to look for the information at the RDW site and did some 'research'. Somebody has to be the first to do it I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                          Do you guys think Spyker converted #250 into this Spyder? The color combination is the same. And the Spyder also has the 'old' dashboard. And I guess it would be easier for them to convert a car they already have than to build a complete new car.
                          Correct !
                          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                            Somebody has to be the first to do it I guess.
                            Whatever the case is with the Aileron Spyder story, I think it is rather 'strange' to see Spyker news on Autoblog, shortly after the same was discussed/announced here on SO.

IF they got it from here, than they should just mention that. Just my 2cents.

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
                              Whatever the case is with the Aileron Spyder story, I think it is rather 'strange' to see Spyker news on Autoblog, shortly after the same was discussed/announced here on SO.

IF they got it from here, than they should just mention that. Just my 2cents.
                              True, just did a quick seach and the do mention SO pretty often:
                              Search Results spykerowner » Autoblog.nl » Autonieuws van de straat

So it could be some kind of coincidence?!?!

Comment

yes, indeed. They do have mentioned SO quite often. I stand corrected.

The Spyder Aileron news must have been coincidence, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X