Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wspeer
    replied
    The Hub is what I would guess is a aluminum/alloy material. I am guessing it was milled and finished.

The wheel is pretty neatly made. It also appears to be aluminum/alloy, however it is not light weight, so I am not sure what the actual wheel is made of. I would also guess it is milled. Then leather wrapped in an odd manner, with different over lapping styles. It then has metal caps.

Not the hardest thing to create, but by no means easy.

Leave a comment:

• a_o_w
    replied
    I don't think that a chassis number is engraved What is the wheel itself made of exactly?

Leave a comment:

• amzamz
    replied
    ... there will be replicas! Are the original ones having the chassis number engraved? How will we, in the future, be able to distinguish between the original and the replica? On classic cars you pay a lot more for "matching numbers".

Leave a comment:

• BknBlk
    replied
    Im wondering when the day in the future will arrive were a wheel/hub combo is a better investment than the car itself

Leave a comment:

• a_o_w
    replied
    Originally posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
    Hahah, nicely played! No worries, I'm not too fussed about it.

Maybe wspeer should stage a "dueling pistols at high noon" sort of show-down. Or a haiku writing competition perhaps?
    A haiku writing competition seems like an elegant solution to me! At least it suggest a victory of intellect over brute force (the dueling pistols option) haha )) Anything would work as long as it is not a mortal combat kind of thing scenario )))

Meanwhile, let's not take chances and find the best available 3D printer

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Eggo
    replied
    Originally posted by a_o_w View Post
    You're right friend, he can do whatever he likes of course. If you noticed, in the end of my line referring to me being the first in line I put a smile, or even a few of them. That is supposed to mean irony in a way.

Have you heard an expression: То cook a hare before catching him ? Let's not do that

And yet I have to admit, this came up in my thread, therefore ignore everything written above, the wheel is mine lol

Hahah, nicely played! No worries, I'm not too fussed about it.

Maybe wspeer should stage a "dueling pistols at high noon" sort of show-down. Or a haiku writing competition perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• a_o_w
    replied
    Originally posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
    Hi Artem - The line was probably a dozen deep before you ever joined the forum.

I don't wish to start a kerfuffle but wspeer can do whatever he likes. However it turns out, it'll be nice to see another Spyker properly adorned. :^)
    You're right friend, he can do whatever he likes of course. If you noticed, in the end of my line referring to me being the first in line I put a smile, or even a few of them. That is supposed to mean irony in a way.

Have you heard an expression: То cook a hare before catching him ? Let's not do that

And yet I have to admit, this came up in my thread, therefore ignore everything written above, the wheel is mine lol

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Eggo
    replied
    Originally posted by a_o_w View Post
    Dear all, please don't forget I am this topic starter, so I have the priority here :-) :-) :-) thanks
    Hi Artem - The line was probably a dozen deep before you ever joined the forum.

I don't wish to start a kerfuffle but wspeer can do whatever he likes. However it turns out, it'll be nice to see another Spyker properly adorned. :^)

All - Can anyone shed some light on exactly why these wheels / hubs cannot be manufactured? What's the big deal? There is now a "loose" wheel and hub in the wild - what is stopping us from taking them to the right artisan or manufacturer and saying "copy those". With all of the technology advances, it ought to be a snap to copy it exactly.

Leave a comment:

• a_o_w
    replied
    Originally posted by wspeer View Post
    See below:
    Hi there. The wheel looks fantastic indeed and it has the hub, cool.

I have PMed you, would you please PM me back with details? I'm really looking forward to your message.

Dear all, please don't forget I am this topic starter, so I have the priority here :-) :-) :-) thanks

Leave a comment:

• wspeer
    replied
    Originally posted by F Spider View Post
    In general, this is only good for the pre-airbag steering wheel cars. If you want to install it on a later car with the Gallardo steering wheel, you also need the leather steering column cover with the aluminum stalk bracket.
    I think the Gallardo style wheel is cool, but not as cool as the propeller wheel, but I don't think I would change it out. The Lotus style wheel is so boring looking and doesn't match the car in any way.

Leave a comment:

• wspeer
    replied
    Originally posted by F Spider View Post
    Ah, this might be the mystery wheel. This one is counted for in the fifty, but was not installed on a car (That is what I think, but I could be wrong).

Very good that it is complete with the hub. Should fetch a pretty penny...
    I don't believe this was ever on a car.

Leave a comment:

• F Spider
    replied
    In general, this is only good for the pre-airbag steering wheel cars. If you want to install it on a later car with the Gallardo steering wheel, you also need the leather steering column cover with the aluminum stalk bracket.

Leave a comment:

• F Spider
    replied
    Originally posted by wspeer View Post
    See below:
    Ah, this might be the mystery wheel. This one is counted for in the fifty, but was not installed on a car (That is what I think, but I could be wrong).

Very good that it is complete with the hub. Should fetch a pretty penny...

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Eggo
    replied
    That's some real unobtanium right there. Name your ransom, er, I mean price.

Leave a comment:

• amzamz
    replied
    ... thats "all eyes"! :lol:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X