#250 - C8 Aileron - Champion Silver / Tropicana Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucciali View Post
    Can't see that a new thread has been created, but still think it is better to separate the prototype 908 from the pre-production 250.
    Tell me again where the number 908 came from?
    Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:40.
    Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
      Tell me again where the number 908 came from?
      Vinny checked it at one point.

See post 44 of this thread

Comment

Shall we all chip in for some reading glasses for Vinny:lol::lol::lol:
        Rijk

Comment

This car is now converted into the first C8 Aileron Spyder (prototype) that was unveiled at Pebble Beach?

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
            Found these pictures, of what seems to be a photo shoot or photo shop with the C8 Aileron, on a Chinese site;
            I assumed the air scoop on the roof wasn't functionally, but looks like it is very much so: you can see the 'pipe' ending on top of the engine

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

The Spyker Aileron is back again for a few days in the Netherlands. Today I had the opportunity to observe and drive this great new Spyker.

aileron250-1.jpg

What a great car. My C8 Spyder does all hearts beat faster, but this Aileron lets almost explode you heart. I always thought my C8 is a "She" but this Aileron is definitely a "He". Especially the front is very impressive. When he is driving towards you there is something that tells you: I have to step back. He is serious big! Great design inside and out. Handling and comfort are much better and will become even better as the last little details are ready.

Definitely an addition to the range of Spkyer. In my opinion not to replacement of the "back to basic, pure" C8 but an extension for the people that want more comfort and convenience.

Inside the factory was also the red Aileron #252 and people where working hard on an orange Aileron. In the opinion of Victor Muller, Spyker expects a lot of the new Aileron. After today I share his view. I can think of no reason why people in this price range do not buy a Spyker. This car has everything.

aileron250-2.jpg

I feel very honored that Spyker, Peter van Rooy, has given me the opportunity today to drive this beautiful new car. Through this forum, I once again thank Peter for this great offer.
              Last edited by Dutchdude; 14-10-2009, 16:01.

Dutchdude
              Spykerowner #141
              sigpic

Comment

Nice Dutchdude! How was it to drive this car in comparison to your own C8? And how does the gearbox and off course it's extra length feel? Does it have enough power in your opinion, I mean more than the normal 400 bhp in the 'old' C8 always sounded crazy to me, but how is that for this car? In case you didn't noticed it I want to hear more about this car

Comment

That's great! Lucky b..... Thanks for sharing this experience and pictures Dutchdude.

Comment

Nice Dutchdude, many thanx for sharing !
                    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

This should be placed in the correct thread? (#253)

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
                        This should be placed in the correct thread? (#253)
                        Sorry, my mistake .
                        Last edited by F Spider; 30-10-2023, 17:09.

Dutchdude
                        Spykerowner #141
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                          Nice Dutchdude! How was it to drive this car in comparison to your own C8? And how does the gearbox and off course it's extra length feel? Does it have enough power in your opinion, I mean more than the normal 400 bhp in the 'old' C8 always sounded crazy to me, but how is that for this car? In case you didn't noticed it I want to hear more about this car
                          It's a total diferent car than the C8. It's bigger (43 cm longer and 9 cm wider and wheelbase 15 cm longer), heavier, wider rims, power brakes, automatic gearbox, diferent chassis, stereo and much much more. The car is very complete.

aileron-3.jpg

I think it has power enough. I don't no for sure if this car is quicker or slower than my car because I try to treat him gently .
                          I heard some people say that the sound was not so good but i think it is't so bad. I liked it.

The gearbox and power brake did work well. They are still improving some little things like weight, power brake.

Dutchdude
                          Spykerowner #141
                          sigpic

Comment

I drove the SWB C8 Spyder and Laviollete and the LWB C8 Aileron at the CEO Experience in Salt Lake City. The Aileron is different in character from the SWB cars. It is more planted, stable at speed. The gearing provides smoother shifts, less likely to break the car free from the road. The car is more mature and sophisticated, a little less sporty. It feels and acts like at "GT car" rather than a "sports car", if that makes sense.

I enjoyed driving all the Spykers. They are so gorgeous! In the end, I purchased a SWB C8 Spyder since that fit my personal driving style a bit better.

Dutchdude, glad to hear you had fun!

Justice
                            Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:39.
                            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
                              Dutchdude, glad to hear you had fun!

Justice
                              Yes I have had a really nice day. I even laughed with delight.

aileron4.jpg

Dutchdude
                              Spykerowner #141
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
                                I even laughed with delight.
                                haha, I was already thinking what's wrong? He's in a Spyker and doesn't have a smile on his face?? Problem solved
                                Last edited by F Spider; 29-01-2021, 06:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X