battery removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery removal

Hi - I am new to the forum and need to replace the battery in my C8 Laviolette. I have gotten to the battery - have the battery tie down removed, the cables removed, the battery is loose but I cannot figure out how to get it out of the car without disassembling a lot of the front suspension - has to be an easier way. Any help greatly appreciated. On a separate subject - I want to
    change the oil in the engine but cannot find any way to open the rear other then to take all of the bolts out of the rear window. Is that how you get into the engine?? Thanks Gary 818-585-9118

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Laviolette! I am not sure about the battery but do know that it is necessary to remove the rear window in order to be able to change the oil.
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Hi Gary, there are several people on the Forum that can help you. I have the shop manual. Please let us know that last 3 digits of your car, so that we can determine if it is spec A or B for the battery. The OEM spec for the battery is no longer available. There are very few batteries that will work. You probably will need to modify the battery holder to avoid that it is slushing around. Chris Mora will know what you need to get. I will text you today.
      Rijk

Comment

Please contact me if you have other questions; but the key to removing batteries if to flip it forward instead of trying to get the bottom out first. This is how I always succeed in removing a battery

Comment

Working...
        X