No announcement yet.

The Saab Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surprised to read that Chinese BAIC is planning for annual production of Saab based vehicles at a level of 300,000 per annum Will they look like Saab? Or, is it just some of Saab's technology with a new design?

source: here

Comment

The design of BAIC's 9-5 based car has been posted (a link) a few posts ago. There is also a 9-3 based car. The Chinese cars resemble the 'Swedish' but as you'll see they are redesigned. Especially when you realise there is a new 9-5 from Saab as well as a new 9-3 on it's way, I don't find this disturbing. This way Saab made some money on 'old' technology.
      Anyway the contract Saab has with BAIC is quite big. Saab has probably made these proto's for BAIc and IIRC is delivering turbo technology for the newer engines too.
      Last edited by IVR007; 23-04-2010, 17:02.
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Choose your 9-5 here.

The Swedish Saab site has this 9-5 gizmo Saab Sverige - Saab [NS4 version] which lets you choose body colour and wheels .. and then turn it all around

I just read that: "Spyker Cars NV, the owner of Saab Automobile AB, said April 23 it is producing Saab cars at the rate of 1,000per week since resuming production in March."
        "Spyker said it intends to begin selling its new 9-5 mid-luxury model in May."
        AP
        Last edited by DavidMorgan; 23-04-2010, 16:26.

Comment

... should you be tempted to do it like Victor Muller or Jan Åke Jonsson, who both are going to enjoy Saab history at the Mille Miglia (source) there is a nice Saab 96 available at Erfurt (Germany). See advert here.
          Attached Files

Comment

Saab 9-5 Pricing for Dutch Market

Here is the new 9-5 Dutch price list including available options:
            http://www.saab.nl/download/18.6b8a8...15-03-2010.pdf
            It would seem that there is a model "Exkulsiv" just for your market.

And here is the brochure:
            http://www.saab.nl/download/18.6b8a8...533/650_nl.pdf
            Attached Files

Comment

SAAB Trollhattan Increasing Production

"Starting June 7 that Saab will increase production rate from 28 to 39 cars per hour. It is a rate increase, which will require employing 250 more staff – both at Saab and with the suppliers who are directly affected by what happens inside the Saab factory."

This is an approximate translation from Trollhattan's local paper 250 nya jobb i sommar - Näringsliv - www.ttela.se

This is excellent news :

It seems they'll commence production of Saab 9-5s for customer delivery in Week 18, with production ramping up to 39 cars per hour - apparently as high as Saab have ever gone - in Week 23.

The word from Sweden is that there's a very healthy looking order book already, which is quite encouraging.
              Friday Night Snippets - Saab production edition - Saabs United

Comment

Great news indeed. It also says the biggest part (~200 jobs) will be created directly at Saab.
                The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

... it looks like Saab owners are becoming more and more aware of Spykers. I suddenly found myself next to parked Saabs, and this was not the first time in 2010! ... in this case, I even had a note under the wiper, "I would like to take photos"... one of the results is shown here. (Taken by Philipp Bohr)
                  Attached Files

Comment

duplicate

duplicate

Comment

• Singapore press reports on VM and Saab

The Singapore based "AsiaOne Motoring" have released Saab to soar with Spyker? quoting all that has been said about Saab by its new owner in the few months since acquiring Saab.

If you are familiar with the story there is nothing new here but it is well put together and it's good to see the interest that the Asian press has in the company

Comment

• My Spyker is on display at JMK Saab in Springfield, NJ for the coming two weeks. I'm in Europe until the end of next week, so it seemed a good idea to introduce Spyker a little bit better to the Saab community. Cathi Maier will take good care of the car.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by F Spider; 04-05-2010, 19:43.
                        Rijk

Comment

• Bravo ... Most admirable gesture on your behalf.

Comment

• JMK is a great Saab dealership. This is a picture of Cathi with Victor and Ake visiting her.
                            Attached Files
                            Rijk

Comment

• Saab & Spyker CEO’s Begin First Day Of Mille Miglia

"Today marks the beginning of the Mille Miglia race in Italy that both the CEO of Spyker Cars, Victor Muller as well as CEO of Saab Automobile, Jan Ake Jonsson, will be participating in as previously mentioned.

The two of them will be competing in two 1957 SAAB 93 models, along with their son’s as co-pilots, Oliver Muller and Christian Alexander, respectively.

The Mille Miglia clockwise route begins in Brescia then to Rome and returns to Brescia, passing through over seven regions including some of the most scenic cities in Italy such as Bologna, Florence & Rome."

Below is the schedule from the 6th – 8th of May as well as the Route Map.
                              Saab & Spyker CEO’s Begin First Day Of Mille Miglia Race | Saab History
                              And if you want to follow cars 328 and 329 they are equipped with GPS and the Mille Miglia site has all the info and photos. Mille Miglia 2010 and http://www.1000miglia.eu/inglese/home.html
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                                My Spyker is on display at JMK Saab in Springfield, NJ for the coming two weeks. I'm in Europe until the end of next week, so it seemed a good idea to introduce Spyker a little bit better to the Saab community. Cathi Maier will take good care of the car.
                                Thank You Rjik, we will only take it out for Hot Laps on Saturday. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                                X