The Saab Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
    My photo can also be seen on saabsunited saabsunited.com: report saab to launch ad blitz trim dealers
    You're famous!
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• Jason Castriota, responsible for the designs of the Maserati GT, Bertone Mantide and Ferrari p4/5, has been appointed new design director at Saab.

Read about it at SU: Press Release: New Design Director at Saab Automobile

Comment

• This article might be a good base to work with for the Spyker book (if there is a chapter about the Saab deal).
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
          Jason Castriota, responsible for the designs of the Maserati GT, Bertone Mantide and Ferrari p4/5, has been appointed new design director at Saab.

Read about it at SU: Press Release: New Design Director at Saab Automobile
          Yes, I read that and am not that happy. I fail to see what a young American Italian who designs flashy sportscars can do for Saab ADN
          I want to buy a new 9-3 in 2012/3 that is 100% Saab that cuts a low profile.

Comment

• Today I went to the Saab factory in Sweden. The new (euro) 9-5 was everywhere. We had an interesting tour through the factory. They are producing 25 cars per hour, which in a few days will be ramped up to 37 cars per hour.

Dealer groups from different countries were coming in and out. Victor, Jan Ake and Adrian were all there, it was a hopping place. Even Castriota was there.

Right now they are producing the US demo cars also, and right after that, they will built the first US customer car, which should be our car. It's pretty exciting to be first in line.

Then we were taken to the Saab track with the two factory test divers. The 9-5 is unbelievably neutral at speed. On the banking we pulled 1.7 G. The digital recorder flew out of it's mounting...

After some donuts in the track-version of the 9-3, we visited the Saab museum down town Trollhattan. With 60 cars on display, including the #001 from 1945, and many of the recent show cars, it was a great addition of the visit.
            Last edited by F Spider; 09-07-2010, 19:58.
            Rijk

Comment

• Spyker Completes Saab Payment

"Spyker Cars has completed the second and final payment to complete the purchase of Swedish carmarker Saab from US firm General Motors, the Dutch firm has confirmed in a press release.

The payment, amounting to $24 million was due to be paid to GM by July 15th but has already been handed over, Spyker said.

The firm claims that the payment has been made without having to extend its external debt."

I haven't seen the press release but found this here:
              Published: 5 Jul 10 08:26 CET Spyker completes Saab payment - The Local

Comment

• Here is the press release
                [ATTACH]7864[/ATTACH]

Published: 07:30 CEST 05-07-2010 /Thomson Reuters /Source: Spyker Cars N.V. /XAMS: TICKER SPYKR /ISIN: NL0000380830
                SPYKER PAYS SECOND AND FINAL INSTALMENT OF SAAB'S PURCHASE PRICE TO GM EARLY

Zeewolde, the Netherlands, 5 July 2010 - Spyker Cars N.V. ("Spyker"), manufacturer of premium automobiles under the Saab and Spyker brands, today confirmed it has paid the second and final instalment of the purchase price for Saab Automobile AB ("Saab") to General Motors ("GM").

This USD 24 million payment to GM (plus interest) was due on 15 July 2010, but Spyker opted to pay almost two weeks early.

The payment has been funded from internal group sources and without any increase in external debt and no share issue causing dilution of existing shareholders. This internal funding became available following the closing of the acquisition of Saab Great Britain Limited by Spyker on 31 May 2010.

Victor Muller, CEO of Spyker Cars N.V. says: "The early payment of the second and last instalment underlines our desire to finalize the transaction with GM as soon as it was possible, enabling management to fully focus on the future of the group and the realization of Saab's business plan".

- Ends -
                Attached Files

Comment

• My SAAB blog in french, sorry...^^
                  SAABactu

A French friend sent me this drawing (I added the text and logo SAAB)

Comment

• mind = blown

Comment

• It's just someone's drawing .. call it anything but a 9-3..
                      And definitely not the 9-3 that I want to buy in 2011/12

I want a 4 door with hatchback that 3 or 4 adults can get into and that I the driver can enjoy in safety.
                      Safety for me means visibility, this vehicle has none and is useless other than as an artist's exercise.
                      And there is no Saab ADN there except for the "hockey stick" line..
                      Last edited by DavidMorgan; 08-07-2010, 18:12.

Comment

• It's just a drawing but a beautiful drawing. SAAB DNA (Aero X, 9-5 II, 9-X) is present but is exaggerated because it's a sketch...

Comment

• It has definitely got some Saab DNA, it's not a 9-3 but nevertheless a very impressive sketch. Thanks for posting Nabu and welcome.
                          Last edited by IVR007; 08-07-2010, 19:23.

Comment

• Today, the first US costumer car is built in Trollhattan. It takes seven hours to put a car through the production line.
                            Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                              Today, the first US costumer car is built in Trollhattan. It takes seven hours to put a car through the production line.
                              Sounds like you're not getting the first one

Comment

• No,no, according to Adrian Hallmark, the first US customer car is ours.
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X