No announcement yet.

Ferrari FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife Margaret loves the FF looks. She thinks that I can give up a few cars, so that she can have the FF as a daily driver
    Rijk

Comment

... well, I think as long as she is not driving down the ski slopes like the guy in the video clip... it should be all right! :lol:

Comment

They are marketing it like an SUV, but if the snow/mud is deeper than a few inches, it would be a sled! :lol:
        With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Magnesium seatframes are not that special (for premium cars) anymore. I know for instance that Jaguar has been using them for years now:
          magnesium seatframe jaguar - Google zoeken

And I guess that other marques also use them.

Comment

Saw it at Geneva. Too big.

And the 4WD is bizarre in that there is a separate two speed gearbox off the crankshaft at the front of the engine that uses electronically controlled twin clutches to deliver torque and match output speed to whichever of the rear gearbox gear is in use - oh and it doesn't work in the top three gears.

Not sure what problem would ever require that as the best engineering solution. Just hope there are no software glitches, and hope clutch changes (x3) are not engine out maintenance!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
              And the 4WD is bizarre in that there is a separate two speed gearbox off the crankshaft at the front of the engine that uses electronically controlled twin clutches to deliver torque and match output speed to whichever of the rear gearbox gear is in use - oh and it doesn't work in the top three gears.

Not sure what problem would ever require that as the best engineering solution. Just hope there are no software glitches, and hope clutch changes (x3) are not engine out maintenance!!
              Bizarre solution indeed... Now that I've seen the FF in some videos and photos and gotten the chance to get used to the design, it actually looks quite dull and bland to me...
              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

I rather like the idea of driving to Napa and having room for a case or 2 of Vino and have the room to bring it home with me. The FF fit's my needs very well. I do realize this is not a track car, but a excellent Gran Turismo none the less. Especially when traveling with the wife and her luggage....hehe.

Comment

wednesday at autorai
                  it is a nice car.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well, for starters I'm not the world's biggest fan of hatchbacks or shooting brakes; and, I much prefer the shape of the old 612 Scaglietti... Even if it wasn't exactly good-looking, it had such soft and wonderful curves that I doubt very much I've seen a 4-seater with a prettier profile than the 612. I like that the 612 had subdued styling. A big Ferrari GT-car shouldn't have look-at-me angles and creases. That's what the 458 is for. This then is Ferrari's Cayenne Turbo; brilliant to drive, gleaming with sensuous technology, and brilliant in its own right; but not the piece de resistance the styling sets out to be.

One could argue that this is the best-looking hatchback ever, and I'd have to agree... but it's still a hatchback, and I think Ferrari are trying to have a car that is a swiss army knife with the power and the all-wheel-drive and the hatch and the seating. And if they succeed, then they've created a car you could use every day for every situation. But that's not what Ferrari are and I think that will spoil the experience. You'll look at your FF like a suburban soccer mom looks at her Toyota Sienna... and I should never have to compare a Ferrari to a minivan. (please don't yell at me for doing that)
                    Last edited by RossoCorsa; 01-06-2011, 17:16.
                    I am speaking to you know from inside one of the venturi tunnels

Comment

I think the FF is an abomination , but given the evolution chain that Ferrari is on from the California - FF ... I can safely guess that a "Ferrari Country Squire" cannot be too far off in the future. Can't wait to see the wood panel look on all the models.

Comment

Haha I'm nominating this for post of the week mrleed, spot on.The FF is supposed to be an everyday usable car, like a swiss army knife as RossoCorsa said. Makes for an expensive daily driver! I think the asking price for the FF is insane and add to that the maintenance and depreciation costs of a Ferrari that puts on so many miles and it becomes very expensive. Looking at Amzamz' odometer: the Spyker will be cheaper.
                        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

I suspect we won't have to wait long... there will be, inevitably, someone with more money than taste who will have Mansory put teak panels on the side of their powder blue Ferrari FF, and I'm guessing photos will surface within the year of such an eyesore.
                          I am speaking to you know from inside one of the venturi tunnels

Comment

Working...
                          X