Ferrari FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari FF

What's your opinion about the brand new 660 bhp Ferrari FF?

For some odd reason I really like this unconventional Ferrari.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

[ATTACH]9034[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]9035[/ATTACH]

I like the 458 the best of the modern Ferraris. (Well, after the Enzo.)

I am concerned that Ferrari is leaving GT territory and headed in the direction of the the Panamera. I did not approve of the Estoque when Lamborghini announced it, as I thought it weakened the purity of a top brand. I object to this car for the same reason.
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

I can understand that. The purity of the brand is indeed under pressure when a sports car brand is not only making no-compromise sports cars. Like Porsche: when you look at sales figures, the least popular Porsche is the 911. And wasn't the 911 the only reason why Porsche existed?

But on the other hand Ferrari has offered 2+2s for a long time now, like the 400, 412, 456, 612. And from that point of few I think the FF is more desirable than the 612. The weakest model in Ferraris line up imho is the California with Start and Stop system. I really love the 458 and 599 GTB.

Comment

The FF looks a bit like a Brera on steroids...
        Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
          The FF looks a bit like a Brera on steroids...
          I think it looks more like the Z3 Coupe

Comment

... good to see ugly Ferraris! The designer must have been drunk! That will give more customers to Spyker... :lol: If only Spyker started to roll out their Aileron, finally.

(..on the other hand, I think the concept of "shooting breaks" is an interesting one. I like it better than SSUVs..)

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
              ... good to see ugly Ferraris! The designer must have been drunk! That will give more customers to Spyker... :lol: If only Spyker started to roll out their Aileron, finally.

(..on the other hand, I think the concept of "shooting breaks" is an interesting one. I like it better than SSUVs..)
              haha you nailed it Amzamz :lol:
              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

... and a few more examples can be seen here. (in English)

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                  But on the other hand Ferrari has offered 2+2s for a long time now, like the 400, 412, 456, 612. And from that point of few I think the FF is more desirable than the 612. The weakest model in Ferraris line up imho is the California with Start and Stop system. I really love the 458 and 599 GTB.
                  The FF also has the HELE Start-Stop system And as far as I know it is optional on the California.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Jaguar View Post
                    And as far as I know it is optional on the California.
                    It is indeed optional on the California. The California is a terrible model and this is why:

And fake exhausts and fake rear lights don't help the model either. The start and stop is just another ridiculous feature that doesn't belong on a proper sports car.

Comment

I think the power and transmission will make the FF a better car than the California -- but if you remove the roof, the FF strongly resembles the California.
                      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Well I quite like the FF actually. It does slightly resemble the California (which I hate) but it doesn't have the latter's BS design line on the sides, it doesn't have the california's hideous rear, it doesn't have its front.. It's purele 'en profil' that they are somewhat alike.

Then to the issue of the overall bodywork shape: I like that Ferrari dares to introduce a new interpretation of ferrari brand values. And thinking of it, I think it's quite a logical step. With the 612 and the 599, Ferrari already had 2 big V12 powered GTs, so I guess they felt the need to differentiate a bit more. So the FF now seats 4 properly, thanks to its shooting break bodystyle, whereas the 599 (or its successor) can remain true to the 2+2 big sportscoupe philosophy.

Comment

I don't understand the general complaints about the design of the FF. Non of the 2+2 car have even been a success. They always have been undervalued. Ferrari might as well try a radical departure from conventional wisdom

I like it, and could even use it year around (the reason why we never got a 612, even though my wife really likes that car) where we live.......
                          Rijk

Comment

... a very nice display of the Ferrari FF.

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

I have always been a fan of shooting breaks and the FF is the best I have seen so far...I like it. Can't wait to see it on the road.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X