Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• story of #092; the red spyder/laviolette

Hi guys!

Some strange things happen once in a while and maybe you'd like it if i share my story overhere. I worked for Spyker in 2007, only 11 months unfortunately.
    I spend most of my days at the 'special' department, we would build anything that was not standard on at the time. For example : complete audio systems, compressors on engines, automatic gearboxes and all the double 12's and laviolettes. The spyder had a normal production line at the time i was there. I started my short career in that line, building my first car the #148, a blue one, very beautifull! After three months i moved to specials and man that was a great time! We were building the most awesome cars from scratch and had lots of freedom doing the things we thought were needed to be done!
    At some point i was asked to make a kit to convert a C8 Spyder to a laviolette, no problem of course. I searched the stuff together with al the tools and small parts that were needed. It became a big box with a rear body, a roof, a new front screen, an engine cover and 4 new rims. The rims were asked to include by my superior. I had no clue at that time i was going to do the job as well. One day my superior came to me if i could would want to do the job. Hell yeah i would love to!! Ok then, pick a collegue to take with you, you're travelling in about2 weeks. And so it happened and i was in Miami somewhere the end of june. We where there for 3 weeks and in the pictures i will post here you will see what we did overthere in 3 weeks time!! leave a comment if you like and i'll be happy to answer al sorts of question!! Regards René
Working...
X