X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures are indeed from 2005..
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• This one is from the same set, taken from the other side of the room, the first one is indeed, clearly not #45 but maybe the one next to it
      unknown (2).jpg
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• hmmm difficult

hmmm difficult! According to Spyker (source Pressdetail | Spykercars), they produced 48 cars in 2005, 18 of which were by Karmann, 30 by CPP. #45 is a CPP, and I couldn't even tell them apart... I guess, we will probably never know, except if there is a more detailed archive of photos, or footage of those "production webcams" which were promised to early owners...

looking through the VIN list (inofficial), I can spot the following cars of 2005 in silver: #41, 42, 45, 67, and Karmann #94, 95, 96 ... plus a few are probably missing. I guess I will give up!
        Last edited by F Spider; 16-01-2024, 05:20.

Comment

• ... still unclear

I tried to get a comparison of all C8 Spyders in "silver", and came to the following: in 2005 the disassembled one could have been

#041 wide body, extra vents, extra indicators
          #042 extra indicators
          #045 (no extras)
          #067 wide body, extra vents, extra indicators, new steering wheel
          #094 (standard Karmann, like above)
          #095 (standard Karmann)
          #096 (standard Karmann)

That means, if we could be sure there are no indicators on the side (back) we could conclude it was my car.... I cannot see it, to be honest. I couldn't even decide if the bonnet (hood) is a wide body. Can you?

The fully assembled silver C8 Spyder is clearly NOT mine or #042, because you can see the extra vents on the lower side.
          Last edited by F Spider; 16-01-2024, 05:19.

Comment

• --- detective work ---

... another thing is dodgy: had there been a soft top for the Spyder, I would certainly have wanted it at the time of purchase, but there was none on offer! I got the bulky "tent" which I still have somewhere in the attic. Why is there a C8 with the "modern" soft top in the foreground? Was that only a prototype roof? Possible...

Comment

• a question, Sherlock Holmes...

Perhaps, someone can help me with this:

XL9GB21A56Z363045 is my VIN number. Now according to http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...g.html#post850 the digit 10 is the year of manufacture. I have documents (Germany) which say it is declared manufactured in 2005, but my digit 10 is a "6". Does that mean it was manufactured in 2006? I got it delivered in July 2006. How precise is this all? Is it the year of manufacture of the entire car, or the chassis only? I was told my engine was a 2002 Audi.

I would also wonder, if there is any other Spyker with "21" instead of "11" as digits 6 and 7. Is there any meaning for that? Is #045 a replacement chassis? I cannot find another one in http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...html#post11379. Strange? It is unlikely to be a typo. The VIN passes the Excel macro at http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...html#post12122

I was totally convinced the "21" was reserved for Spyker's Lunar Landers. However, that is going to happen no earlier than 2022!

Comment

• I'm not versed on how it works in the E.U., but in the U.S., a car can be VIN'ed well ahead of it's actual production date. The model year in the 10th digit means the car complies with the model year regulations for which the car was VIN'ed. In the U.S., a car cannot be VIN'ed more than one New Year's day ahead of its actual model year. The most extreme case of this I ever saw was the 1997 Ford F150 pickup truck, which began deliveries to dealers on January 2, 1996. This means there are 1997 F150's with production dates as early as fall of 1995! So to me, it is possible your car was built in 2005, but is VIN'ed as a 2006.

Another curious anamoly, for those who are interested, is the Mosler MT900S. All of the current cars are VIN'ed as 2004's; Mosler partially completed and registered a number of chassis, before they were even certified. The cars are then completed as they are ordered. I believe it is still possible to order a new 2004 MT900S. The next batch will be 2009's, regardless of when certification is completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                  I would also wonder, if there is any other Spyker with "21" instead of "11" as digits 6 and 7. Is there any meaning for that? Is #045 a replacement chassis? I cannot find another one in http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...html#post11379. Strange? It is unlikely to be a typo. The VIN passes the Excel macro at http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/uno...html#post12122

I was totally convinced the "21" was reserved for Spyker's Lunar Landers. However, that is going to happen no earlier than 2022!
                  A couple of early Double 12's have quite unusual combinations like '14' and '22' but '21' I have never seen before...
                  Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• ... yesterday, I had a nice day out. The first one in 2010, actually. Tour around Lagio Maggiore (Italy and Switzerland).
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by amzamz; 28-02-2010, 09:49.

Comment

• Cool, I really like the Italian lakes (huge understatement). I can imagine you can't wait for passes like Stelvio to reopen.

Comment

• Great pics...can't wait to get 086 back on the road, but it will have to stop snowing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                          Great pics...can't wait to get 086 back on the road, but it will have to stop snowing!
                          Stay Put more on the way

NOAA El Niño: Research, Forecasts and Observations

Comment

• "web starlet"

... for the record, Broughtons (UK dealer) have a nice display of 4 cars on their website for some time now. The car on the far right is #045.

This was one of three times, my car was with other Spykers, 1st was during manufacturing, 2nd is shown here, and 3rd was at Nürburgring 2009.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Never knew it was #045 @ Broughtons

Comment

• Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                                Never knew it was #045 @ Broughtons
                                ... you can just about spot the "Bugatti Owners Club" sticker on the windscreen, and the 2006 Swiss motorway sticker near the mirror ... this photo was taken Mid April 2007.

Comment

Working...
                                X