• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edwardo View Post
    Victor is a hero in Sweden !
    click here
    haha well done
    For many in Sweden he is, but many have doubts.

On Swedish national television (Svenska television) Victor Muller said that all of Spyker is behind the bid (so not just Mubadala/ Convers: everyone). On monday they discussed it in Amsterdam, and yesterday in Trolhättan (swe). The EIB loan is still very important, but they don't need it before the 31th of December.
    By positioning Saab in a niche market, it will have more mobility than in a big company: 'Saab deserves it to be an independent, standalone, Swedish enterprise."
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Victor had another interview with Svenska Dagbladet, at saabunited.com they already (Google)translated the biggest part so I'll just copy that.

On Christmas Eve, leaving the last Saab speculator, sports car manufacturer Spyker Cars CEO Victor Muller, Sweden, Trollhättan, and returned to Holland. It was just before Christmas he last spoke with representatives from GM. Since then there has been silence from across the Atlantic.
      - We expect a response from GM this week. Since the deadline is December 31 so I expect very much that they are of themselves very soon, "said Victor Muller, but he believes that it ärväldigt difficult to predict whether the deal will go through.

- I'm very hopeful, I have been since its inception. We have done everything we possibly can just.

What reactions did you get in Sweden by Saab representatives?

- To date the response has been very encouraging. Everyone wants to of course make sure that Saab will survive and if it can happen thanks to Spyker, I believe that people can be very happy.

Have you been in contact with former speculator Koenigsegg Group?

- Yes, I know Christian very well, "said Victor Muller and admits that he and Christian von Koenigsegg has talked a lot with each other on the Saab.

- We have definitely, he has been very helpful. He did not give me the business plan but it's the same business now as they worked on with Saab. So our business plan is basically the same......

......But New Year's frontier Victor Muller seems to be focused on is no longer as important, according to Hakan Danielsson.

- New Year's limit was whether it would sell Saab from GM's side. But then you came to this decision to close down well before year end. And then they said, while that in the closing phase was willing to look at the interesting quotes. So I do not think that the date 31/12 is as sacred anymore.

Interesting that Victor and Christian von Koenigsegg are friends, I have seen Christian a couple of times.Some time ago I posted pictures I made from him with his Koenigsegg in Sweden.

Comment

Since Spyker and Saab may be connected in the future: what do you think of the latest Saab??

Nya Saab 9-5 på besök i Stockholm - Auto Motor & Sport

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
          Since Spyker and Saab may be connected in the future: what do you think of the latest Saab??

Nya Saab 9-5 på besök i Stockholm - Auto Motor & Sport
          I have always liked Saab. Perhaps I love carbrands with some sort of aviation heritage. Really like the new 9-5 Sport Estate.

Comment

Hey guys, today I bought my very first car! I guess it pales in comparison to the lambo's, lotusses and of course Spykers other forum members play with, but in my case my new toy is a 1975 Saab 99 2.0! I am just too happy with it to put into words, it is just such a beauty! It needs quite a lot of work done though, the engine thermometer broke today, the battery died, so that I can no longer start the car on it's own power and the fromt brake rotors need replacing to make it MOT-compliant. I'll have to scrape some money together to get it all fixed soon! If you guys want to I can make some pictures soon and post them here. Considering the whole Saab-Spyker ordeal, I'd like to think of the car as my junior-Spyker

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
              ... I'd like to think of the car as my junior-Spyker
              Ha Ha! Very cool. Congratulations!

Comment

Starter Spyker

Comment

please do make some pics, i can realise it is a beauty!
                  Louis

Comment

We want pics!! Congrats btw

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                      Hey guys, today I bought my very first car!
                      This is huge. Congrats, Boris! A first car is the best. It's like a new pair of sneakers, only 1000 times better.

Good for you!
                      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Hey, my first car was a 2CV (1974) that didn't start either. You have a much better "start" than I had:lol::lol::lol:
                        Rijk

Comment

Nice. Good to have a Saab owner on board

The 99 is a very nice model

Comment

congrats! first step

.. you did buy your Saab, Victor hasn't done so yet... In that sense, you must be somehow emotionally related.

I was not having a car until I was 33 years old! My vehicle was a Vespa 125cc. I found this very practical (no parking tickets, slipping through traffic jams) and I was thrilled by the (then) sexy design of the motor scooter.

My first car was an Opel Kadett (station wagon: family, you know), my second one a Pontiac Trans Sport (minivan: family growing) and --- here it comes! --- my third one a Mazda MX3. That was GOOOOOD! It was like half of a Ferrari: 6 cylinders, 1,800cc, good cornering and red!

Comment

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - General Motors has extended a December 31 deadline for bids for its Swedish car brand Saab, which will restart some production lines in January after a shutdown, Saab said on Wednesday.

Deals

GM had given itself to the end of this month to consider bids for loss-making Saab while continuing a process to wind down the company, which has drawn interest from Dutch luxury carmaker Spyker Cars and others.

Spyker Cars Chief Executive Victor Muller said in a text message GM had extended the deadline for a final offer from Spyker Cars until January 7, in an extension of GM's original December 31 deadline for a deal. Muller added he believed there are multiple bidders for Saab.

A spokesman for GM in Europe said he had no information on the deadline being canceled and could not immediately comment.

The Swedish government has said it would allot 542 million Swedish crowns ($75 million) to measures, mainly for education and job schemes, to help deal with the thousands of jobs set to disappear if Saab shuts down.

Abandoning the 60-year-old Swedish auto brand would eliminate 3,400 jobs in Sweden and hit 1,100 Saab dealers.

In the meantime, Saab will restart some production lines again in January for its new 9-5 model and Cabrio, Saab spokesman Eric Geers said.

"We have the orders and we have to deliver them as usual. We also have the orders for the 9-3 and others. The factory has to continue again," Geers said.

"We are preparing the wind-down process. At the same time we are open to options, to bids that come in. Therefore the deadline has also been dropped," Geers said.

GM was still in talks with potential bidders but Geers only named Spyker Cars and declined to talk about other parties.

Loss-making Spyker has been keen to buy Saab to benefit from its technical resources and its distribution network.

Spyker, backed by Russian and Arabic investors, lodged a renewed fast-track offer to buy Saab on Dec 20.

The surprise new offer from Spyker -- which made 43 luxury cars last year against Saab's sales of 93,295 -- came just two days after talks with GM over a rescue of the loss-making Swedish manufacturer collapsed.

Spyker's Muller has said if a deal is achieved, Saab and Spyker would operate as sister companies where Spyker could benefit from Saab's technical resources and its distribution network, while Spyker would bring entrepreneurial skills to Saab.

China's Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Corp bought a number of car designs from Saab earlier this month.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                                I think I am getting the point of your statement above!!!! Victor seems to think the same!

Comment

Working...
                                X