No announcement yet.

Salt Lake City track event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the excellent report. I wished I had been there as well.

Comment

Amazing story and pictures! I am jealous!
      D8 will weigh around 3800 pounds?!! That's amazing. For sure the D8 will be the fastest SUV on the market. about 1750 kilos & 565 hp--->
      Louis

Comment

Great report, great pictures, looks like you had a great time. Wish I was there...

I'm curious, do you think your impression of the Aileron would differ if it had been equipped with a proper 6-speed?

Comment

Thanks Rhyno! What do you mean by the 'header rail'? Apparently the production version is not the definitive version
          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

3800 pounds would mean 600 pounds less than target
            That would give an amazing weight to power ratio

Comment

I would have liked the Aileron more with the stick shift but I was really excited to try out the automatic in it's pre production state. I'm sure they will have it dialed in when they go to production

The header rail is the rail on the top of the windshield. Victor wants the Aileron windshield to look like the C8 spyder windshield which has no header rail.

Comment

I was told that the D8 was going to be 3800pounds but in the brochure that I got it says it's 4079pounds
                Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few shots by Sheldon from Calgary....
                  Attached Files

Comment

6 more....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting that they've changed the door hinge mechanism. Notice on the old cars when the door is open that the leading top edge of the door goes down into the bodywork, whereas with the Aileron the leading top edge of the door opens above the bodywork.

Comment

Nice pic's!

Very alert Matt,..I did not noticed the change in hinge mechanism before.

Comment

The new car is COMPLETELY different, only the drive train (ex transmission) carries over.

This means door hinges as well...
                          Vinny

- former SPYKER Employee, but a fan for life....

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                            Interesting that they've changed the door hinge mechanism. Notice on the old cars when the door is open that the leading top edge of the door goes down into the bodywork, whereas with the Aileron the leading top edge of the door opens above the bodywork.
                            I finally obtained a picture which shows the new door mechanism.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	255 door mechanism.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	61112

Comment

Thanks!

That chrome piece is quite impressive...

Comment

I think it's polished aluminium, which makes it even more impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X