No announcement yet.

Spyker Spotters' Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... yes, a Spyker is not a joke! It's a serious matter!

Comment

• C8 Spyder #108

Hi Rijk,
      It's taken a while, but the paperwork on the purchase of #108 is finally done. I expect I will take delivery of the car in about 2 weeks, and I'm very excited about it! It's coming from Pennsylvania to Los Angeles, where I live. I bought the car from the original owner, Ben Roethlisberger. He owned the car 7 years and drove it a total of 940 miles. The car is grey with a tan interior.
      Thanks for the info on what items I should look for with the car. Everything seems to be there and in order. Is there anything that you guys suggest I do in terms of service once I receive the car, since it hasn't been driven much?
      Do you guys know if there is an active Spyker owners club in the Los Angeles area? I would love to meet some others with the same interest.

Cheers,
      Bill

Comment

• Spotted in the New York area. Hope we can locate the owner before October
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Rice View Post
          Hi Rijk,
          It's taken a while, but the paperwork on the purchase of #108 is finally done. I expect I will take delivery of the car in about 2 weeks, and I'm very excited about it! It's coming from Pennsylvania to Los Angeles, where I live. I bought the car from the original owner, Ben Roethlisberger. He owned the car 7 years and drove it a total of 940 miles. The car is grey with a tan interior.
          Thanks for the info on what items I should look for with the car. Everything seems to be there and in order. Is there anything that you guys suggest I do in terms of service once I receive the car, since it hasn't been driven much?
          Do you guys know if there is an active Spyker owners club in the Los Angeles area? I would love to meet some others with the same interest.

Cheers,
          Bill
          Bill,

That is a great purchase. Chris Mora, the Former Spyker tech of NA is in LA. I'm sure he will be happy to go over the car with you, and help you to get the car in top shape. Wow, 940 miles in 9 years makes it a garage queen, and it for sure needs some sorting out. After the initial sorting out, these cars are super reliable and bullet proof. My previous Spyker is #107, so built right next to your car. We know for sure that the 2006 cars are the best built of them all. Maybe you can do an '08 upgrade, but that is it.

There is no separate LA chapter, but we have several very active forum members in your area.

Hans, AKA spykerowner will give you access to the owner side of the site.

Rests me to invite you to the biggest ever Spyker event on October 17 at our place in the Catskill Mountain Park. even if you don't bring your car, we would love to come together on the 15th year celebration of the best modern sports car ever built.

Rijk #207
          Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
            Spotted in the New York area. Hope we can locate the owner before October
            That doesn't look very NY
            Rijk

Comment

• Not very close to your place, but still New York: The location is Orchard Park New York

Comment

• ... posted in Feb 2015. Chinese website. Which Double12 is it?

(source)
                Attached Files

Comment

• ... #040 was silver, but has supercharger (label), a roof without air intake, rivets, and I believe it is now white. For reference. (source)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                    Spotted in the New York area. Hope we can locate the owner before October
                    ... would a number plate help to locate the owner???

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                      ... posted in Feb 2015. Chinese website. Which Double12 is it?

(source)
                      This is Double 12 #056
                      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

• Spotted in the UK
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Location unknown
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Location might be unknown, the car is very much known
                            Rijk

Comment

• Yes that's #138 yesterday (30th) at "Driven By Purpose" event at Liberty State Park.... You cannot really tell but I polished most of the visible alloy the day before. One day I might get it as clean as #207!

Comment

• The #207 is only that clean once a year
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X