No announcement yet.

Articles about Spyker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no more obligation to send out press statements, now that Spyker is no longer publicly traded.

It is not that i'm not telling. I know much less than before. Last time I saw my "inside source" is more than a month ago.

With some luck, we can visit the CPP factory in September and get to know more.
    Rijk

Comment

• .. is this book also available in English?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
        Exactly Amzamz. And with no racing for Spyker this year there is, at the moment, little left for Spyker enthusiasts to actually be enthusiastic about.
        Unfortunately, I agree with you IVR. Ever since the Saab acquisition, Spyker cars have fallen off the map. Understandably, for the most part with the work needed with Saab. But with the acquisition by CPP, I had hopes that something would start to happen. Do we even know whether the sale has been finalized? What's Antonov up to?

Rijk was at CPP several months ago, and says he saw many Ailerons in various states of build. Yet no new cars in about a year. Is CPP just that busy building One-77's? Can we even confirm that the GM engines are in fact being used? Or will there be another powertrain change, and thus another delay? What ever happened to the Peking to Paris mule?

About the only regulatory thing I've found on Spyker was a request for an extension of the advanced airbag exemption for the old C8 series, which by rule extends the extension while the request is being reviewed. But if old C8 production has ended, what's the point? And I've not found anything on certification work for the Aileron.

This is all very frustrating for a brand I've come to really appreciate. First Pontiac gets killed, and now this! I just wish we had ANY news...

Comment

• ... a Chinese website with a few very nice and detailed photos of the Aileron has turned up. See here. English translation reveals about half of the text.

Another, similar one can be found here.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by amzamz; 21-06-2011, 20:41.

Comment

• ... does anyone know? On the lower left, what are these two buttons? On the lower right, the SPORT button, is it to do with the automatic gearbox?

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
              ... does anyone know? On the lower left, what are these two buttons? On the lower right, the SPORT button, is it to do with the automatic gearbox?
              I guess the SPORT switch is to close (or open) the exhaust valves. Don't widebody Spyders have a similar switch?

The two switches are the window controls.
              Google translate:
              左右车窗的电动控制难找了一点,在排挡下方的储物格处。 = About the electric window controls a little hard to find in the stalls at the bottom of the storage box.
              Last edited by Spyker 007; 22-06-2011, 15:02.

Comment

• The two switches on the centre tunnel are for window operation. The sport switch should be for the transmission operation.

Comment

• ... a nice 6-pages article on the Aileron can be found here. Note: it came out tomorrow (sic!) Back to the future! :lol:
                  Attached Files

Comment

• ... a short article on the Laviolette Special. See here. Remember, the article is Chinese!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• ... more from China: here about the Aileron. Translated version is here.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• ... an earlier article on C8 Laviolette. (source) "...an elegant atmosphere with a woman blowing pink trim and crystal in the control panel with the very kind of "Barbie" feeling..." :lol:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by amzamz; 22-07-2011, 07:02.

Comment

• ... Zagato memories! See here.

Comment

• ... explaining the phenomenon Victor Muller to the Chinese. See here, and translated here.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• ... article on a test drive of the 世爵 Aileron in China. (Jan 2011) Photos are the same as these here. (source, and translation)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by amzamz; 27-08-2011, 21:07.

Comment

• ... short article and nice pictures of the 2 special Laviolettes. (source, translation)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X