No announcement yet.

Articles about Spyker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There have been some unforeseen, extraordinary developments at Spyker over the last nine months which have impacted on our ability to progress as swiftly as we had originally planned."
    - Changes to the design?
    - Swapped the Audi engine for the GM engine?
    - No money?

Comment

• My Spyker is in the current issue of Heavy Hitters magazine, on the newsstands in the US in the automotive section.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
        Finally an article explaining a bit about why no aileron has been produced at CPP
        The "vast majority" of tooling is now at Coventry?? What could they possibly still be waiting for? Didn't Rijk see numerous chassis in various states of build when he visited earlier this year?

I assume the engine supplier change is the big holdup?

By my count, so far we know of only four 2010 cars: #136, #213, #239, and #241. Close examination of the VIN stickers from photographs in our registry shows that #136 was built in July of 2009 (in fact it was originally VIN'ed as a 2009), and #239 was built in October of 2009. So only two cars (may) have been built so far this year??

I hope they get some Ailerons out soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
          Finally an article explaining a bit about why no aileron has been produced at CPP, ...

The Whitley plant aims to produce five Spyker Aileron supercars per week.
          ... did you notice that? It looks like the annual production of Spykers will be ramped up, IF the production finally starts! My guess is 200 cars per year... that would enhance the popularity of Spyker! However, I am not sure who will buy all these cars... Is there a waiting list for Ailerons?

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
            Is there a waiting list for Ailerons?
            I guess they already sold at least one car and since they haven't delivered one Aileron at the moment I guess there is a waitinglist

Comment

• Spyker times its arrival with custom watch collection — Autoblog

Supercars? Check. High-end sport-ute? On its way. F1 team? Been there. Le Mans program? Done that. Picking up the pieces of a fallen giant to take up position as an automaker to be reckoned with? Come on, something new here. Spyker's paid its dues and earned its place in the automotive industry. There's just one thing it needs: watches. Because after all, what's an exotic automaker without 'em?
              :lol:
              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Very impressive article about the Spyker squadron and their engineering capacities can be found here.

Comment

• A Classic Spijkers participated in the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run yesterday. Quirina Louwman in the 'Genevieve' and her father Evert Louwman (owner of the Louwman collection that I visited earlier this year) in a Spyker double-phaeton.
                  Article: sportscardigest.com

Comment

• ... a few nice photos can be seen here.

Comment

• Possible India debut for Spyker next year (article).

Comment

• Spyker and Saab both made it to the Car and Driver 2010 10 best design details.

Comment

• Some screenshots of the new aileron spyder in the game Test Drive Unlimited can be found here. This will give some great publicity.

Comment

• Wow very accurate screen shots of the Aileron!! They even have Spykers test driver JP driving
                            Attached Files

Comment

• ... more and more evidence, that the car is fully functional!

Comment

• Victor had a chat session with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. Some interesting (IMO) dots:

- the Zagato could one day be built, based on the aileron and limited to f.e. 99 cars. Note: there are some reports going around now that the aileron spyder will be limited to 99 pieces but I think they've got it wrong and mixed the zagato and aileron spyder up.

- Spyker indeed tried to buy Brawn GP, as I reported earlier.

- Spyker D8 not in the near future. At the time they made the deal for the VW W12, but to get access to the transmission that belongs to it they had to get permission of Audi, VW and Porsche because they were co-developers. Porsche denied, so they got the LSA V8. Still a unique car: a (front) mid-engined SUV. Unfortunately it would still need money to be built and the pay-off would be way smaller compared to investing in Saab. So not very likely.

- talking about financing of a possible (small) 92 he mentions sharing their new 9-3 Phoenix platform, and producing cars for other manufacturers. Smart thinking. The 92 would come as a station and convertible as well.

- there will be a 'sporty Saab', don't know what that means exactly but more on that probably in Geneva.

Comment

Working...
                                X