Picture

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel cap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	58787
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Manufacturer of the aviation-inspired Spyker stand is a company called MotoArt, from Torrance, California,

They have an impressive collection of furniture! Check pg 36, the "Mile-High" bed. That's what I want for my birthday!

The fuselage parts with the windows, those have been used for a while, I guess in different setups. But the cargo-platform that the LM85 was presented on, wasn't that a new thing?
      Last edited by bucciali; 25-10-2009, 22:31.

Comment

I've tried to use those guys for an Aviation school project we have, but they are more set up for exclusive single pieces, rather than somewhat larger series for a reasonable price.

But I really like what they are doing
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          But I really like what they are doing
          Yes, I totally agree. My jaw was hanging on the floor, while browsing their catalogue and their website.

Imagine the fun these guys have. They drive out into the desert, to one of these airplane-cemetaries. Then they roll-out their machinery and cut off just those parts that they need.
          Cool stuff

Comment

Originally posted by bucciali View Post

Imagine the fun these guys have. They drive out into the desert, to one of these airplane-cemetaries. Then they roll-out their machinery and cut off just those parts that they need.
            Cool stuff
            Read and see about it here on CNN.com:

Hall said it takes hundreds of hours to produce a fuselage partition, from using a chainsaw to slice 10-foot sheets out of the main section of a plane, to polishing and readying it for the showroom floor of the Dutch carmaker Spyker, which has commissioned MotoArt to create exhibitions for the company around the world.

Comment

Victor should buy the C-119 aileron conference table

(see page 15 http://www.lillymaritza.com/pdfs/09catalog.pdf)
              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

ATS has made rims for Spyker
                ATS Leichtmetallräder GmbH

Comment

In cooperation with Spyker, British MoTeC developed an engine management system and a drive-by-wire system

Comment

Heggemann AG produces the chassis of the Aileron, and has made components in the past for Spyker F1 and the P2P.

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                      What happens to Spyker if Karmann closes down? Or, do I misunderstand anything here? Any other suppliers in sight?

" Sept. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Wilhelm Karmann GmbH, a closely held German car designer and manufacturer, which has carried out contracts for companies such as Volkswagen AG, will close its contract-manufacturing unit, cutting as many as 1,700 jobs, the Financial Times Deutschland reported.

The Osnabrueck-based company said the unit isn't getting enough orders and will be closed in mid-2009, when the last commission runs out, the newspaper added, citing Chief Executive Officer Peter Harbig. "
                      ... just for the record (and for our Spyker anniversary book?). A press release about the end of Karmann - Spyker. Source here.

"Press Release Karmann
                      Nieuws via RSS voor Spyker International Motor Holding
                      08 april 2009

Zeewolde, The Netherlands, 8 April 2009 - Spyker Cars, manufacturer of exclusive premium sports cars, announces that the payment moratorium which Wilhelm Karmann GmbH ("Karmann") announced today has no impact whatsoever on Spyker's production, as Karmann has finished its production for Spyker earlier this year."

Another view "We terminated our production contract for the Spyker Short Wheel Base automobiles with Wilhelm Karmann GmbH, Osnabruck early 2009, just prior to this
                      century old supplier going bankrupt." Source Spyker annual report 2009 (according to web info, Karmann is still there, June 2010: why did they NOT continue with Spyker? was VW the obstacle?)

I wonder if there is any public information about Audi - Spyker (engine deal & the possible end of it)???
                      Last edited by amzamz; 27-06-2010, 07:44.

Comment

Working...
                      X