No announcement yet.

Spyker C8 LM85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, yes. Victor did show me also the new production line layout.
    Rijk

Comment

Thanx for the info
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

When I tried to get new rear tires for the #107, I was told that the Dunlop tires were taken out of production, but they still had a set for me.

On the LM85 Spyker installed Michelin Pilots. So, I guess that that will be the new tire of choice.
        Rijk

Comment

Could this be related to the tyre choice of the Squadron? They changed from Dunlop to Michelin. Maybe Spyker made a deal with first Dunlop and later Michelin to get the race tyres for free if the roadcars are equiped with the same brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
            Could this be related to the tyre choice of the Squadron? They changed from Dunlop to Michelin. Maybe Spyker made a deal with first Dunlop and later Michelin to get the race tyres for free if the roadcars are equiped with the same brand.
            Sounds credible.
            Rijk

Comment

Here are some pics of the LM85 on the LA Auto show
              I have to say : they did a stunning job
              The interior looks amazing !
              More beautiful pics -> LA 2008: Our Orange Crush is the Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85 - Autoblog
              Attached Files
              Louis

Comment

Here are some pics of the LM85 on the LA Auto show
                wauw!! beautiful, and this color scheme is perfect
                The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Looks very good indeed!

Comment

LM85 "Tiger"

Nice pic’s again. Autoblog.com wrote a very nice comment:
                    “The Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85, which we'll call "Tiger," is officially out and about. Spyker has released more images of the Audi-engined, 400-hp, 6-speed manual Le Mans-inspired road car, and to our eyes it could be the best looking Spyker we've seen. The blacked-out mirrors do it a lot of favors and don't remind us any more of carry handles, and it has even retained 19-inch wheels secured with one lug nut and will apparently get you a combined 15 mpg on the EPA cycle. Not bad for a leathered up race car”

Spyker C8 LM85 "Tiger" :lol:

As always it's al about the details: very nice stitching on the steering wheel and I really like the black alcantara Roof upholstery:
                    Attached Files

Comment

I quite like it, but every time I see it there are some things that I'd rather have changed. I think it could have been a bit closer to the ground, I'd like the rear wing to be a bit bigger, I'd love for the upholstery to be just about gone, and so on.. Also on one of Rijk's foto's you can see that the roof airscoop is not only not really connected to the engine air intake, it is completely and deliberately shut off from it. Which I think is a shame. A few years ago spyker stated all vents, slots and holes were functional, but they clearly (and sadly) are not.

Comment

I agree Reddingius, the exterior features in the first LM85 brochure where a bit better… (as mentioned in post #30) I don’t know why Spykercars skipt these features of the production car. But after all it is still stunning to look at in my opinion.

Indeed strange that the roof airscoop is not open to get the cool air to the engine….the pictures where taken during (final) production….can’t believe it’s really closed… let’s check it out next time we see a Laviolette.

Comment

It's true that the top airscoop is not open, even on the 08 Laviolette that we have here. There is a plate that can be removed quite easily to allow air-flow to the engine compartment, but it really doesn't add any benefit since the engine compartment itself is pretty well ventilated as it is.

If the vehicle had been supercharged somehow, (like the Exige S), then the roof scoop could have been used to feed a supercharger intercooler a good amount of air.
                          Ali Tarzaban
                          Gran Prix Imports/Lamborghini Portland
                          IT Director/Internet Sales Manager
                          503-570-1019
                          800-763-4016
                          www.gpimports.com

Comment

Early production Double 12's had an airbox, at that time the tube on the roof was feeding air to this airbox but this system was quickly abandoned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2002_Spyker_C8_Double_12_S.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	57590

The Aileron prototype seems to have a similar system, I hope Spyker will retain this system for the production Aileron.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8AIL_Roof.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	57591

Comment

Originally posted by gpi_jafar View Post
                              It's true that the top airscoop is not open, even on the 08 Laviolette that we have here. There is a plate that can be removed quite easily to allow air-flow to the engine compartment, but it really doesn't add any benefit since the engine compartment itself is pretty well ventilated as it is..
                              I would think that in the warmer US states, the airduct would be useful. If you compare it to the C8 Spyder, it would have less cooling without the roof duct.
                              Rijk

Comment

I also agree that it’s to bad that they didn’t fit the GT2 mirrors and grill. Although the blacked out mirrors look very good. I'm also missing the 4point-seatbelts...

But still… I think its an astonishing car to look at!!! The rear wing fits the model just right.

It also seems that in the interior a fire extinguisher is fitted? (see passenger compartment).

Last edited by JoeD; 20-11-2008, 10:19.
                                Niels

Comment

Working...
                                X