No announcement yet.

Peking-to-Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does that CGI come from? Is that the definitive design?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
      Where does that CGI come from? Is that the definitive design?
      This picture was published by Spykercars in the “2008 half year results press release”.

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
        Will take some time I guess. At the Geneva Autoshow Spyker will present the C8 Aileron Spyder (prototype?). And I don't think they will present 2 new cars at that show.

The production of the D8 will start at the end of 2009, so I guess we will see the production version somewhere in the second half of 2009. Maybe at London or LA?
        production of the D8 starts within 12 months
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Good to see that it is now official that they are still working on the P2P. I've been fortunate enough to have seen some of the recent development and testing progress, but could not post about it, because it was very quiet around it.
          Rijk

Comment

Rijk,

Can you tell us what engine is used for testing in the D8 prototype?

If you are not allowed to tell, that's fine, I can understand!
            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Will we find this engine in the new D8 P2P?
              SPO---Bulletin GMP09-034---New Product: 2009 LS9 6.2L Supercharged (ZR-1) Crate Engine Available | The Truth About Cars

And will there be an updated version of the prototype in Geneva? Just like last year.
              The design has changed (slightly) so it would be logical to show a new prototype (with an engine?). But maybe it is too expensive to build another prototype?

Comment

Will we find this engine in the new D8 P2P?
                And will there be an updated version of the prototype in Geneva? Just like last year.
                The design has changed (slightly) so it would be logical to show a new prototype (with an engine?). But maybe it is too expensive to build another prototype?
                IMHO I truely hope they will NOT use american engines. The character would not fit a european car.

I guess in this climate manufacturers will be happy with any revenue.

Jeffrey

Comment

At le Mans, according to Quote, Victor confirmed that the d8 is indeed going to be build this year and hinted that it would be more logically to build the d8 in England

Le Mans: in de vip-box met Frits Kroymans en Victor Muller - Quotenet - de website van Quote
                  The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

According to an article on dutch website carwoman.nl Spyker wil use online luxury market place Jameslist to sell the P2P for about 300.000 dollar and the car will make it's world debut at the Frankfurter Motor Show in September......

Comment

That would be nice as I will be at the IAA in Frankfurt myself

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter View Post
                        dutch website carwoman.nl
                        Wouter,

Something you would like to share with us....?

Comment

@Wouter, that article is the biggest nonsense I have ever read about Spyker

- Spyker said themselves they will launch the D8 P2P in Geneva 2010
                          - Why sell the car though a website(?) when you have a complete dealernetwork(!)
                          - And that price? Hahaha! I remember a price somewhere in the region of $250,000

I guess this proves that women don't know sh#t about cars

Comment

PS Spyker isn't even scheduled to be at the IAA Frankfurt according to their own calendar. And I don't think they ever where at that show(?).

When they show a new model they do that in Geneva. I guess the "journalist" found this (fake) advertisement:
                            Jameslist - for sale: Spyker D12 Peking to Paris (294990 USD), located in Somerville (MA), USA

Is it so difficult to check your facts?

Comment

Is it so difficult to check your facts?
                              Facts, why start using facts now, we never did:lol::lol::lol:
                              Rijk

Comment

Spyker did attend IAA in 2001 and 2003. In 2001 they introduced the C8 Double 12R, in 2003 they showed a C8 Spyder T (twin turbo).

Comment

Working...
                                X