X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allright cool Enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
      First things first, the guys that did the work are top-notch. I'm a stereo nut so my expectations are very high. I posted some pics of my last stereo installation in another post and while it wasn't bad, this install makes that one sound like a Kraco. The workmanship is outstanding, the sound is crisp and loud. The creativity needed to do this install is really something. I still can't figure out how they put that amplifier behind the driver seat... The price to do this to your car is in the $15,000 range. It all depends what you want done. I opted out of the hidden radar detector system as that install is very complicated and I don't really need it for this car. Assume a 7-10 day installation. Message me if you want specifics--also, i do not suggest you have a local guy do ANY electrical work on this car. In order for them to do my car it took some heavy negotiating to get an electrical diagram to ensure the car would power correctly. Ok, so here what they did for me:

Kenwood Excelon KVT-819DVD
      Am/fm/cd/dvd/iPod/iPod video/Sirius Satellite radio/7" touch screen unit

Kenwood KNAG510
      Navigation system

Focal 165VRS
      6.5" component speakers with cross over network

Pioneer Premier TSSW1241D
      12" slim woofer woofer in a custom fabricated fiberglass enclosure. This thing is great guys.

Monster Cable wiring

Alpine PDX4150
      400 watt digital amplifier

Tweeter dash pods and door speaker grilles were provided by Spyker. These are the ones that are found in the new 2008 models. (Carsten can get some for you if you ask but the price is uncertain at this time. I'm guessing $200 or so.)

Subwoofer grill inserts was created by Al & Eds Autosound in West Hollywood, CA.
      Hello Dan,

Some of the components in my Spyker are the same. But as i mentioned earlier, I could not find the Kenwood KNAG510 connected. Where did they hide this unit in your Spyker? I can't find any space left to install it.

Dutchdude
      Spykerowner #141
      sigpic

Comment

I'll see if I can find out for you. You may have to follow the lines to see where it goes though. Currently my car is still in LA doing some post-op work from the LA Auto show. Good press for the car and Spyker.

Comment

Here is the response I got:
          The KNA-G510 is the navigation brain and it is located under the dash cover on the drivers side.

This is from Elie Rothstein who did the work on my car. He represents Al & Ed's Autosound in Los Angeles. Great guys.

Comment

I have the same set up in my car, Kenwood Excelon KVT-819DVD
            Am/fm/cd/dvd/iPod/iPod video/Sirius Satellite radio/7" touch screen unit
            Kenwood KNAG510 Navigation system I have some components under the Passenger seat
            just a thought. You get all this stuff installed and realize you never travel in a sports car
            very far from home where you need a Nav system. At the end of the day are we not
            just trying to get lost. Remember the words of SuperTramp (take the long way home)
            Next gen of Garmin Nav will have Dyno built in...

Comment

awesome...

Comment

Thanks Guys,

My plan is to take my Spyker next year on some holydays/weekends somewhere in Europe.
                So the navi is not just for around the Church.

The (radio) sound in my Spyder is awesome now. When the Spyder arrived the sound was not good. It appeared that only one subwoofer was connected and the Genesis amplifier was tuned wrong.

I fixed the second sub and tuned the amplifier correctly. Now it is awesome.

Dutchdude
                Spykerowner #141
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
                  My plan is to take my Spyker next year on some holydays/weekends somewhere in Europe.
                  So the navi is not just for around the Church.
                  Don't forget to go to Germany
                  Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                    Don't forget to go to Germany
                    Germany is only 15 minutes from my house. I only "drive"( ) through Germany.

Dutchdude
                    Spykerowner #141
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
                      Germany is only 15 minutes from my house. I only "drive"( ) through Germany.
                      Berlin is a nice city to go to.

And very nice to stay as well

Comment

Dan, Is there no thread of your car in the "Unofficial Spyker Register"? I can't find it

Comment

There should be but I guess I haven't ever looked it up.

Comment

Working...
                          X