X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops

I am missing 'not' over here

Comment

I'm going to be a new owner! I just put down about a 60% deposit today on an LM85. Drove the car and love it! Clutch still feels a bit of an effort more than my other cars. I also noticed that the windshield banner is so low that I can't see a stop light unless I lean down. I may end up taking that off. In any case, I'll be paying the remainder in a few days and arrange for transport. I don't know how I know which car is mine but I believe someone said that the last 5 of the VIN have something to do with it. My last 5 digits are 63227. Also, this is #3 of LM85. I got the watch too, very cool watch although apparently it had no case and no instructions!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by srwhitman View Post
        I'm going to be a new owner! I just put down about a 60% deposit today on an LM85. Drove the car and love it! Clutch still feels a bit of an effort more than my other cars. I also noticed that the windshield banner is so low that I can't see a stop light unless I lean down. I may end up taking that off. In any case, I'll be paying the remainder in a few days and arrange for transport. I don't know how I know which car is mine but I believe someone said that the last 5 of the VIN have something to do with it. My last 5 digits are 63227. Also, this is #3 of LM85. I got the watch too, very cool watch although apparently it had no case and no instructions!

Scott
        Awesome - which dealer? I am flying into LAX in the morning to take delivery of my new 2010 Spyker C8 Laviolette from Galpin Spyker. I am super anxious to get behind the wheel. Going to drive it around LA for 2 days and then ship her back to NY.

I am hoping they have some nice swag to buy at the dealer....

Congrats on your purchase! I fell in love with the C8 2 years ago when I test drove it at the race track I belong to, Monticello Motor Club in NY. It was awesome, brought me back to my roots of a RWD, 6spd stick car. I was getting too comfortable with flappy paddles in my Gallardo/F430/GTR....

Time for a 3rd pedal
        Seth Rose
        www.ExoticsRally.com
        seth@exoticsrally.com
        2011 Bullrun Live Rally Champion - Team Exotics Rally
        2012 Bullrun Live Rally Champion - Team Exotics Rally

Comment

Originally posted by srwhitman View Post

Scott
          Scott,

That is great. The #227 is a very special car, and welcome to the owners side. And we all want tons of pictures of course
          Rijk

Comment

Hey, congratulations! The LM85 is a beautiful car!

Good job finding one, too.
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Congrats on the LM845 and Laviolette!
              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Congratulations with the LM85!

Comment

Picked up my white C8 Laviolette today from Galpin. On phrase says it all OMG

Smiles from ear to ear like Jeremy Clarkson says "it's a car you wear" well I am wearing it well and rocking it in LA for 2 days. Staying at the SLS and hitting the town tonight with some celeb friends.
                  Seth Rose
                  www.ExoticsRally.com
                  seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

Originally posted by globallambo View Post
                    Picked up my white C8 Laviolette today from Galpin. On phrase says it all OMG

Smiles from ear to ear like Jeremy Clarkson says "it's a car you wear" well I am wearing it well and rocking it in LA for 2 days. Staying at the SLS and hitting the town tonight with some celeb friends.
                    Same feeling I had with my car...I must have watched that top gear video 100 times. When the weather improves in NY, we should get a group together for a ride up the palisades or brunch in the city

Comment

Congratulations Scott! We have definitely added to our roster of owners lately! I was the first to spot #227 at the 2009 Chicago Auto Show. Saw it again a few times at the dealer here, but not recently; didn't know they had moved it. Glad it finally has a home!

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
                        Same feeling I had with my car...I must have watched that top gear video 100 times. When the weather improves in NY, we should get a group together for a ride up the palisades or brunch in the city
                        I own an event company for exotic cars, I'm unveiling my new purchase 1/28 at a night club I'm involved with. I'll keep you all informed.
                        Seth Rose
                        www.ExoticsRally.com
                        seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

Congrats Seth!!! Have fun in LA with it.

Comment

That will be fun! Post some pics when the party goes down!

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
                              That will be fun! Post some pics when the party goes down!
                              Party is over, 2 days in LA and had more attention than a Veyron at one point which was interesting to some idiot saying 'but mine is over a million dollars' to which I replied, 'you see more VW Bugs than Spykers' and thiunking to myself even if he called it an Audi - still has a better mark than VW :lol:

I loved the car, first impression is love, love love it. Have to say dealer was excellent except for the fact that they knew I was coming for a week, and when I arrived it was in a few pieces with techs working on the car - not a good look. They fixed the speaker that was out for the audio system, and claimed they reset the TPMS.

Ohhhh yeah I forgot the most important piece of the car. THE REMOTE FOR THE CAR IS INCREDIBLE. I need to make a case or something to protect it, its a bit heavy but simply amazing.

Well driving it later the TPMS light was flashing intermittently and continues to and the A/C went out after using it once. So a few minor bugs to work out when it gets back to NY.

Other than that Dealer gave me a great price and handled the trade/sale of my Lambo to use the tax credit. I did find a perfect sized Spyker zip-up sweatshirt, no discount for it at the dealer not that I required one, just felt it would have been a nice touch. Dealership is the ONLY one in North America that actually has a full Starbucks in the dealership - very cool.

They also have a Ford RS420 from Mexico for sale which I fell in love with, no title - but heck that's what a dealer plate is for, so I am now looking into buying that little toy - I love the odd cars out there, would look insane in my garage next to my 1986 Renault R5 Turbo2.

So, now I have to wait 7-8 days for my baby to return back to NY - I will miss driving it for a week, then I will have to stretch her legs immediately.

No pics yet, because I was ramping up the unveiling for my car club here in NY, I own Exotics Rally and host exotic car events year round, and they love trying to guess what I bought, so no telling anyone just yet.....
                              Seth Rose
                              www.ExoticsRally.com
                              seth@exoticsrally.com

Comment

Great write up!

Yes, there are always a few quirks to fix with a hand-made car -- it is part of what I call 'the ownership adventure'. :lol:

These cars do drive great, don't they?

One word of advice, leave the puck in the glove box when you drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X