Security/Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security/Alarm

Hi all, I'm looking to purchase a Spyker C8 Spyder or Laviolette. But I have few questions in mind regarding the security and alarm. In most of the videos I have seen, I do not see the owner using any key to start the car. Does the Spyker use a key to start the car? Moreover, what type of alarm does the car have?

Does anyone know the difference between the 2006 and 2009 models of the Spyder and Laviolette? Thanks.

Car uses a very slick push button medallion or disk to open the doors and unlock the alarm. Then its just a matter of throwing up the red ignition switch and pressing the start button. Relatively similar to many cars out there with a remote keyless and pushbutton start, just a whole lot slicker

My alarm is a Clifford, although I believe this varies by owner...I own a C8. I'll leave it to others who are much more knowledgeable about diffs between 06 and 09 models.

Comment

Hey Swisstrader, I have some other questions. I'm interested in preferably the C8 Spyder. Does it come with a hard top or soft top? From videos, I have seen the soft rag top to look a bit flimsy and weak. If you have the soft top, how does it hold up at high speeds? i.e 100+mph

Comment

... the early Spyders come either with a hard top, or with a clumsy soft top (which you cannot take along because of its size). The later Spyders have a small retractable soft top. Either soft top will not really allow high speeds... Fully open, or with hard top on, top speed is possible. I also have a tonneau cover, which protects the interior on a parking lot or when I am driving alone (50 percent covered). That one would rip off at above 150 mph, too.

I am tending more towards the early chassis numbers, as they may be "more pure" and less refined. I love my car without any roof on, get wet at times (is fun, too) and I have done many miles in my car. Mostly touring Western Europe, but also hillclimbs in the Alps, and once at the Nurburgring. I am sure you saw my car in this thread here ... see also #007 (early type), #083, #107 or #141 (later type). These owners are all here in this forum, and you could even ask them specifically if you wish (in public or by personal messages).
        Last edited by amzamz; 16-06-2011, 06:35.

Comment

Hi onLOoker,

Welcome to the forum! All Spykers that are for sale in the U.S. at the moment do have the retractable later softtop except #024, which has a hardtop. All Spykers for sale (that we know of) can be found here

Good Luck finding your Spyker!
          Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

My car has the soft top but for the most part it's more pain than pleasure and for that reason I basically go topless for the "season". It takes quite a bit of doing just to put it up and take it down each time and even when it's down, it's tough to see out of the rear view mirror. Most of us have simply gone the route of taking the top completely off.

I do put the top back up to extend the season a month or so. The warning from Spyker with the soft top on says to not go above 100 mph.

The only real pain with keeping the top off is having to be rather precise and thinking a bit more about the weather each time I take the car out. There are others more adventurous than myself, but for me, if there's a chance of rain, she remains in the garage for the evening.

Comment

I appreciate the quick responses from the Spyker owners and enthusiasts. There's a nice black Spyker for sale in the list posted by Laviolette GT2R. My next step is to setup an appointment and go for a test drive. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by onL0oker View Post
                I appreciate the quick responses from the Spyker owners and enthusiasts. There's a nice black Spyker for sale in the list posted by Laviolette GT2R. My next step is to setup an appointment and go for a test drive. Thanks again.
                Test drive will blow you away. My car is black as well. Batmobile style!

Comment

Good luck onLOoker -- The Spyker is a very capable car, built under the pretty skin like a 70s race car. The C8 Spyder or Laviolette is actually a serious driver's car, not just a pretty face. You'll see. It also has the best V8 engine note in the business (sorry Ferrari!)

Do you have other sports cars?
                  With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Working...
                  X