Wheel Torque Wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Torque Wrench

I now have in my possession, the rare and elusive torque wrench for a Spyker's Centerlock wheels This thing is ridiculous! It's almost 6 feet tall and weighs about 40 pounds.

I also realized that using a calibrated tool like a torque wrench is not a good idea for loosening the centerlock, so I now need to hunt down another mammoth wrench for taking the wheels off A simple breaker bar should be a lot cheaper, though!
    Attached Files
    Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

That is a huge wrench :lol:! I think even F spider's torque wrench is a fair amount smaller, see here.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Thanks for that link! I clearly missed it. I think you're right that this wrench is even larger; it really is ridiculous! The upside is that torquing to "only" 550 Nm should be a piece of cake (The wrench is rated to 1000 Nm)
      Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

Originally posted by BknBlk View Post
        Thanks for that link! I clearly missed it. I think you're right that this wrench is even larger; it really is ridiculous! The upside is that torquing to "only" 550 Nm should be a piece of cake (The wrench is rated to 1000 Nm)
        That length is really handy. Especially undoing the nut. We had to use an extra pipe.
        Rijk

Comment

Working...
        X