SAAB re-started production today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAAB re-started production today

It has been 2 hectic months at SAAB, but I am glad production has started again. Of course I realize the brand has an extremely long way to go, but I really hope they'll succeed.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Good job to all Saab people involved, VM especially.

On a side note: When will the production of the Aileron finally start? I have heard so little about it lately that I need to be reassured that something will happen at all...

Comment

This certainly is good news. Hopefully all the approvals will go through to keep it going, I gather this reflects only a shorter range solution.

I'd be curious to know of Spyker's production situation as well. It seems we haven't heard too much since the sale to CPP, but then again perhaps I'm just distracted with SAAB's predicament(s).

Comment

Finally saw one of the new 9-5's in the wild today, a black one. The car has much more presence in real life than it does in pictures. Even my wife said; "I'm not a Saab fan, but that's a nice car." Really liked the thin red lights that accent the trunk lid.

Off-topic: Saw my first Fiat 500 on the road today also!

Comment

"Spyker Cars is changing its name to Swedish Automobile N.V...."
          (source)
          ... which means, less confusion about the Spyker brand name.

Comment

About the aileron production: I believe they are in the process of finalizing the sale to CPP and production will start in June IIRC.
            The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Working...
            X