Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker Cars changing name ?

Spyker Cars wil Swedish Automobile worden - Economie - VK

I am really lost as to try and understand what VM and VA are planning for Spyker and Saab. The Saab factory is closed until Tuesday because suppliers bills have not been paid ....

Well it's rather straight-forward:

Spyker Cars sold the sportscar branch (Spyker) to CPP, owned by Vladimir Antonov. Spyker Cars is the owner of Saab, but it has absolutely nothing to do with Spyker anymore. Therefore they would like to change their name to Swedish Automobile, more in line with the company they're holding: Saab.
    My guess is that the name of the CPP produced Spykers will not change. I even think it's possible CPP will change its name into Spyker Cars eventually. In that case we could see Spyker participating in the Paris-Dakar! (renamed bowlers) but that's just dreaming. Anyway, if that were to be the case, the current Spyker Cars will have to change their name, you can't have 2 companies with the same name.

As for what's in store for Saab I'm not too worried. Sure it might seem very worrying what's happening, but (saab would like to have us believe) it's due to a glitchy payment system. Saabs payment system is the so called JIT (just in time) system, which means every part needed to make a car arrives just in time, and is payed for just in time. This keeps the operation lean. But if a company isn't payed in time for whatever reason, production immediately suffers.
    I also suspect that when a few companies found out they could be payed by not delivering to Saab and making a big media fuzz around it, other companies figured they'd do the same thing.
    Payments to all these bandwagoning companies has to be sorted out over the coming few days, after that (hopefully) production can resume normally.

Comment

Nevertheless there is a small-term funding problem for Saab, which will hopefully be resolved quickly by Antonov and/or other European Banks.
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

And they better get a move on with that..

Comment

I also read in Spyker's annual report that Spyker Cars did not sell the rights of the D8 P2P to CPP. I found that a bit strange...

Will try and find the exact quote.

Comment

Yes, I believe there will be some sort of lease or extra purchase (3m IIRC) if CPP chooses to buy the ip and/or rights to build the D8. Something like that.

Comment

Name change will have effect on the 15th of June.

Published: 18:00 CEST 07-06-2011 /Thomson Reuters /Source: Spyker Cars N.V. /XAMS: SPYKR /ISIN: NL0000380830
              SPYKER CARS CHANGES NAME INTO SWEDISH AUTOMOBILE

Zeewolde, The Netherlands, 7 June 2011 - Spyker Cars N.V. shall change its name into Swedish Automobile N.V. per 15 June 2011.

Following the decision of the annual general meeting of shareholders on 19 May 2011, Spyker Cars N.V. shall have its articles of association amended on 15 June 2011. The amendment includes a change of name into Swedish Automobile N.V. Per 15 June 2011, the company shall be listed as Swedish Automobile N.V. Its ISIN code changes to NL0009816248, its ticker symbol to SWAN.

Comment

Is there going to be a massive collaboration between "Swedish Automobile N.V." and CPP in regards to the Spyker brand? Or is this a case of management moving on to another [passing fancy] (for lack of a better phrase).

This being the Spyker official forum and all I mean not to step on toes; I'm merely curious. Spyker Cars, N.V. prided itself on building exclusive cars, and now they've sold that business to finance a quirky, yet struggling [somewhat] mainstream auto manufacturer. And I for one am confused. But I am also not a privileged party in the matter. But I am still curious as to whether or not such a fledgling brand can withstand the shock of changing hands at such a vulnerable point in time. I'm a little worried Spyker will go the way of Bristol and TVR. I'm sure some people would say: "Whatever, the cars are still there even if the company goes under," but I consider factory/dealer support very important when it comes to this kind of car.

But then again, Spyker don't really have patented processes or technology (like say Pagani's titanium/carbon fiber tech) that CPP would benefit from purchasing, then casting aside the brand. All they really have is the brand and the ideology.
                Last edited by RossoCorsa; 07-06-2011, 22:54.
                I am speaking to you know from inside one of the venturi tunnels

Comment

Victor Muller will still be heavily involved in Spyker, just as the 'new' owner Antonov will be heavily involved in Saab. So no changes there. Ideology will remain the same.

The real benefit for Spyker is that it will be in private hands: no more public year results, trading updates, etc. You've got to remember: this is still a very young company and when everyone gets to read how little cars you sold this quarter, and how much money you lost doing so, it will always hurt your future sales again and again.

And CPP has been very successful in using a skilled workforce to produce low volume productions for companies like spyker and other big names (AM, bentley) in the automotive industry. Now with Antonov it will become a melting pot for different brands, with better research and development capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                    Victor Muller will still be heavily involved in Spyker, just as the 'new' owner Antonov will be heavily involved in Saab. So no changes there. Ideology will remain the same.
                    For all of the reports I've read, that was just something that was never explicitly clear to me, thanks for the clarifications!

Comment

See my quote here

Victor Muller will continue as CEO of the Spyker Business until a successor is appointed, at which time he will become its non-executive chairman.
                      And here

Victor: "...and I will continue to be involved in the business and see the fruits of my labour"
                      Now I'll stop quoting myself

Comment

See, I did not ever see that. And therefore this never made so much sense to me, because I assumed Mr. Muller would be staying on with Spyker Cars, N.V. to Swedish Automobile, N.V. after all of the very visible enthusiasm he has for the Spyker brand.

It all makes sense now, cheers!

Comment

Nevertheless there is a small-term funding problem for Saab, which will hopefully be resolved quickly by Antonov and/or other European Banks.

Comment

Originally posted by chengliu View Post
                            Are you going to write any posts of your own, or keep quoting others?

Comment

Does SpykerTech66 know when the new name badges/trim are coming out for retrofitting existing Spyders?

I want to stay current and I think it just sounds plain sexy to have "Swedish Automobile, N.V." badging on my Spyk<ahem> Swedish Automobile Spyder C8. It will be awfully hard to redo the door sills, though...

Explaining who makes this car just got more challenging :lol:
                              Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

Working...
                              X