Spyker car price in 1903?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker car price in 1903?

Does everyone know the price of any spyker car in the 1890-1925 period?

Now I'm making an assignment on the Spyker car in that period. After I do search in google and many library database, I still cannot find.

If you have this info or have any interesting source..could you please recommend me?

Thank you very much.

I think it is very hard to put a price tag on a vintage Spyker. Simply because I can't recall anyone selling one.

When you want a great resource I suggest to contact Stijnus Schotte. He owns a 1907 Spyker and he uses it for historic journeys, like Peking to Paris. And from coast to coast in the US. See this thread for instance: http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...-coast-us.html

You can try to reach Stijnus by email stijnus@autostal.nl or by phone: +31 6 53 14 72 66 (These contact details are taken from Stijnus' website)

Comment

Maybe the excellent Louwman Museum knows, they have several Spykers on display.
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

@ Pound

In one of the books I have about classic cars, it says that the Spijker Tonneau (1904) cost f. 6250,- at that time.

I hope you can use this info
        Olav

Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Thank you very much for every helps. it does help.

@Aiglos91 thank you for your information. By the way,"it says that the Spijker Tonneau (1904) cost f. 6250,- at that time. " is that Netherland currency at that time?

Comment

Originally posted by Pound View Post
            Thank you very much for every helps. it does help.

@Aiglos91 thank you for your information. By the way,"it says that the Spijker Tonneau (1904) cost f. 6250,- at that time. " is that Netherland currency at that time?
            It was the price of the Spijker in 1904. But I don't know what the price/value would be right now
            Olav

Instagram
            https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

Let's see: inflation of the Dutch guilder from 1900-2008 averaged 3.2%. So to get an idea of how much the Tonneau would have costed in today's money: 6250*1.032^(108)= ƒ 187623.54
              You can convert that to euros. Of course this is not an indication how much it would cost to buy one today, because there might just be only one left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1904 14 18 hp tonneau.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	63341
              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

thank you very much. and sorry for making the confusion. The thing is I just realized that f is the guilder symbol.

Comment

That would be €85,000 before taxes. I guess that it would cost a lot more to reproduce that car today.
                  Rijk

Comment

Working...
                  X