Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

I just started looking at 06 C8 spider and noticed there are some differences between the two. Both on the outside and inside.

Can you guys tell me what production date the changes took place and what are the pros and cons of each vehicle. Also is there any other changes for the following years?

Thanks

There are many changes over time, and just designating the car as an 06 is not enough. Most visible changes would be on the interior though, and that will give us a clue what the specs on the cars are that you are looking at.

Most cars are extensively documented in the unofficial registry on this site. If you have the last three digits of the VIN number, you can look it up. If that car does not exist in the registry, we would gladly add it to the list. Especially if you have some pictures.
    Rijk

Comment

The two that I'm looking at is vin #024 and 113.

I noticed #113 has air vents and airbag steering wheel. On the outside I noticed the reverse lights are different and it has a little tail.

#024 has no vents and no airbag, but I do prefer the non-airbag wheel. Looks like the seats are also a little different on this car.

Are the tops different on both cars?

Any pros or cons on any of these two?

Comment

You can find both cars back in the registry. It really depends what you want. If you want to keep the Spyker for a very long time, the #024 (2005) is more valuable. It is one of the original hand built bodies from CPP. It also has the very coveted propellor steering wheel, which is impossible to get nowadays. The draw backs are: less sophisticated handling, narrow body, anemic AC..... See also the TopGear video of the #020.

The #113 (2006) is a wide body, better handling, dashboard vents (a little better than no vents), easier to upgrade to 2008 specs (even better handling, better AC).

Let us know which direction you want to go.
        Rijk

Comment

I forgot about the tops. The #024 probably has no soft top, just the hardtop shown in the pictures. The #113 has a soft top.
          Rijk

Comment

F Spider basically summed it up nicely.

One detail: the steering wheel of #113 doesn't have an airbag either.

Comment

The first Spyker's from the factory with airbags in the US started with the 2009 model, driverside and passsenger side was added to the 2010 model year. Exception to that is the 2008 Laviolete #162 and one other '08 the number slip's me at this time(sorry). They had a driverside airbag added in the US.

One other factory option that came after the 2006 model is the iPod connector and Speakers. Although there are a few 2006 Spyder's that have had that option added.

Comment

2008 Sound system update

Is it correct that the 'sound system' in '08s is non-amplified and entirely iPod/iPhone driven? That can't be right, otherwise you'd only be able to listen to music at stoplights. :lol:
                Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

Working...
                X