Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research

Dear Spyker Entusiasts,

My name is Hjalte Niehorster and currently I am in the final phase of my International Business and Management studies in Amsterdam. During this final phase I have to conduct a research with a topic that is closely related to my study.

During the past years I have found passion for (luxury) marketing.

The past 10 years were really exiting and interesting for Spyker. Spyker is now facing a new era with their second generation C-line. As Hans mentioned I was wondering what the opinion from both Spyker owners and enthusiasts is towards several marketing related topics.

Therefore I kindly ask you to answer the three below mentioned questions. Please feel free to criticize either positively or negatively.

1. How would you describe Spyker?
    2. What is your opinion towards C8 Aileron?
    3. Can you name three different competitive models of the C8 Aileron?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation,

With kind regards,

Hjalte Niehorster

happy to oblige:

1. Spyker is a Dutch brand that makes exotic sportscars. They don't really stand out in terms of performance, but they more than make up for that with their flamboyant looks and craftsmanship. Some regard Spyker to make fashion accessories rather than real cars.

2. The Aileron is in my opinion a somewhat more adult version of th normal C8, it's matured with less flashy looks and it's gained some weight too. I dislike the tubular side air scoops, a bit over the top, non-functional; not my cup of tea. Other than that: Stunning car.

3. competition? what competition?

Comment

1. Spyker is a sports car brand for those who want something really special. They are extremely exclusive and the attention for detail is mind blowing. To me the best aspect of the Spyker is not the design but the pure driving experience. No aids whatsoever to assist the driver, not even power assisted brakes. The purity makes it one of the most exciting cars for the public road at 'normal' speed.

2. I love the design of the C8 Aileron and with sufficient power it can join the competition performance wise. It will always be ahead of the competition when we talk exclusivity (Ferraris, Aston Martins or whatever are way too common compared to Spykers). The good thing is that the Aileron is suitable for a wider audience with the comfort of automatic transmission, sat nav, great audio and stuff. The downside is that the Aileron doesn't stir the soul of the purist drivers amongst us like the SWB does as it is less hard core. Nevertheless a good move by Spyker, because there are not enough driving purists on this globe who also have enough funds to afford a Spyker.

3. No, I can't. If the Aileron will get the same power as the competition, it will be in a league of its own. Exclusivity will stay the key word. Sure there are brands that produce sports cars as exclusive as the Aileron, like Pagani and Koenigsegg. But those are hard core sports cars where the Aileron offers more comfort / driveability.

Comment

Working...
      X