Spyker Coffee Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker Coffee Table

I miss my Spyker so much when I stay in England I had to have a reminder. So what do you think of this coffee table? Yes look up close and you'll see it is a Spyker Formula One wheel! It was easy to have a glass top made and it's just stuck on (by the glass store) with UV setting superglue.
    Attached Files

Another F1 wheel on SpykerOwner

Comment

... I notice the 1970s "Revox" tape recorder in the background! That's real style! Are you still using that? I am sure 50 rolls of tape will store as much music as a 2G USB stick... and for copying music you need 2, and for mixing two traces in one 3 such monsters... a real ceremony... (....and that's exactly why I consider it style!)

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
        ... I notice the 1970s "Revox" tape recorder in the background! That's real style! Are you still using that? I am sure 50 rolls of tape will store as much music as a 2G USB stick... and for copying music you need 2, and for mixing two traces in one 3 such monsters... a real ceremony... (....and that's exactly why I consider it style!)
        You can't beat analogue! I only use it to play tapes created by my father in the 70's and 80's, and some of those are remasters of tapes he made in the 50's on a machine he made himself (yes he even made the heads). The tapes are deteriorating now so I have to clean the heads as often as I play them, and have them backed up on DAT and CD.

Actually the whole world of iTunes annoys me intensely as the quality of compressed music is so inferior to CD, let alone analogue I feel it is all a big backward step. I prefer Quality over quantity and unlike my kids listen to a whole piece of music rather than flick between them after 25 secs.

Same with cars really. I love the Spyker but this last weekend had more fun with the Jag XK120 balancing the SU carbs and rocking the car the get the starter motor to engage properly. That's real motoring.

Comment

Working...
        X