Cigarette Lighter/Accessory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
    Guys, GPS speed is extremely accurate. It is certainly more accurate than the those on the speedo. If you know anyone who rides motorcycles they will tell you that the speedo is set to at LEAST 10% off. 110 MPH on the bike is really closer to 100MPH. My first Spyker was off by AT LEAST 10%. I know that because I got a photo radar ticket going 100 MPH and I thought I was going at least 115 when the damn thing got me. I just bought a new GPS so I'm going to test out this new one this week.
    Dan, Rijk,

How accurate is the GPS speed? I have the latest TomTom(Tom?) 6 software which also shows your current speed, but doesn't GPS have a built in errormargin (like accurate within 30 meters or something)? Taking this errormargin in account how accurate could the GPS speed indication be? And of course, does the errormargin affect the accuracy of speed indication?
    ______

Mel

Comment

I have a Nuvi 350 and i ran it by the radar guns on the road here to "remind you" how fast you are going. Mine was spot on.

Comment

My friend Tom is making a bracket for a power outlet under the glove-box compartment.
        Rijk

Comment

see if will make a nice cup holder!

Comment

lighter socket

#115 does not have one

Comment

The new cars have a 12V outlet, but I don't know at what car # they started to include it.
              Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                #115 does not have one
                I had them install one in 088 so just write his down Basokolo. It is pretty easy to do but you will wan them to do it for you. 152 has it in the glove box. I saw 133 (or thereabouts) and it had one in there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
                  t is pretty easy to do but you will want them to do it for you.
                  Why not DIY?
                  Rijk

Comment

i'm scared shitless of touching anything to do with electrical in this car.

Comment

You sound like you touched it before

Looking at my unexpected fan problems, I might do better to leave it alone.
                      Rijk

Comment

well, if history has taught me anything about the Spyker it is that the car is finicky with anything non-standard done to the car. The car is so reliant on the electrical system that one short or any random mistake could cause your car to be out of commission for an undetermined amount of time. My suggestion is simple: Write down all the things you would like done and when you bring the car in for servicing give the dealer your list. Better yet, give them the list BEFORE you get there so they can have all the stuff shipped in before you get there. I have found that Spyker will either do the upgrades for free or give you a pretty fair price to do them. I wouldn't want anyone on here to DIY on anything and then have Spyker void the warranty or be stumped on how to undo your mistake. That's all.

I still think the fan problem is battery related!

Comment

So, the power outlet is in. Finally decided not to do it "myself" (which means Tom, for those people that know how handy I am), but have MMC do it.
                          Rijk

Comment

Working...
                          X