Top on/top off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top on/top off...

Well, first time for me with putting the top up so that I could extend my riding season about a month on the front and back end of winter. Definitely a different driving experience and overall look (I REALLY miss the feeling I get with the top down and the lines of the car look a bit off with the top on), but also like the idea that I can continue to drive 086 another couple months.

A few observations with top on vs off:

o I have now banged my head twice on the steel support rod of the top just being so used to getting out a certain way and man is that painful!

o The top feels very solid and tight for a ragtop but as we all know, it does not protect from a decent rainstorm.

o Got a kick out of the warning label on the top which says you cannot go over 100mph with top on:lol:

o I don't intend to put the top on and off every few days...looks like a pain in the butt.

o I still have not gotten used to the new very muffled engine sound. There is definitely still quite a bit of noise in the cabin, but not the beautiful growl of the engine, but rather a bit of flapping from the top.

o My wife now refers to my car as "cute" which is something I don't aspire to in my cars!

The good news is that I will definitely get more riding days with 086 which I love and the second the temps start to warm up, she will be "topless" again and sexy not cute

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
    o My wife now refers to my car as "cute" which is something I don't aspire to in my cars!
    :lol::lol::lol:

Comment

:lol: you really want to avoid that!!
      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Your wife should know that we much prefer when their tops are off...

Comment

Touche

Glad to hear you are out there driving!
          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
            Your wife should know that we much prefer when their tops are off...
            Yes and she is sexy, not cute

Comment

Odd. My exhaust is much louder with the top up. when folded, it seems to function as a sound baffle.

Comment

Originally posted by Basokolow View Post
                Odd. My exhaust is much louder with the top up. when folded, it seems to function as a sound baffle.
                I've never had mine folded...its either on or off and I can tell you, completely topless is best by far The sound with the top on is completely muffled compared to top off.

Comment

Working...
                X