Steering wheel change out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel change out

For an 06 spyder, can a current "lambo" style steering wheel be fitted, even though the airbag won't work? i would prefer the bladed wheel, but have already heard about that....

If it can, is there a best source to get one seeing as the airbag is a non-issue?

Is there another type of steering wheel that can be fitted to replace the silly looking lotus style wheel?

I think it is possible to replace the 'Lotus' style steeringwheel with the new 'Lambo' style steeringwheel but the steeringboss for both steeringwheels is not the same and therefore has to be changed also. I heard that the procedure of changing the non-airbag steeringwheel for a steeringwheel that has the airbag is quite expensive, but might be much cheaper if the airbag does not have to work. Not sure though. If you decide to buy a Spyker and make the change, make sure to p.m. me. I might be interested in the old steeringboss
    Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Why is the Lotus style steering wheel "silly looking"??

Comment

Originally posted by Swisstrader View Post
        Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Quite... I thought it was a Nardi wheel that happens to be similar to a Nardi wheel that Lotus use. But I could be wrong or maybe I am just silly too.

Having said that I am keen to get one of the original propellor wheels and if unsuccessful may see if I can get a custom Motalita wheel made that at least has aluminum spokes.....

Comment

... if you don't care about originality (note, the Lotus wheel is original), you may also consider this website. I am not sure what exactly can be fitted onto a Spyker.

Comment

No specific reason, I just don't like the look of it. It isn't a bad wheel, but when looking at the interior aspects of the car, every detail jumps out to me as being really cool and well crafted. The steering wheel has the exact opposite effect, it in normal interiors might be fine, but in the Spyker, it is definitely the biggest detractable thing from the interior presentation.

Comment

I hear you...for me, I'm a purist, so no real changes to my car other than getting rid of the shims and some VERY minor changes.

Originally posted by tx246 View Post
                No specific reason, I just don't like the look of it. It isn't a bad wheel, but when looking at the interior aspects of the car, every detail jumps out to me as being really cool and well crafted. The steering wheel has the exact opposite effect, it in normal interiors might be fine, but in the Spyker, it is definitely the biggest detractable thing from the interior presentation.

Comment

Spyders only

... according to my counting of the Spyker C8 Spyders, >24 have the propeller steering wheel, >45 have the "Lotus" wheel and >9 have the "airbag". It is original on cars #002 - #045 to have the propeller steering wheel, #057 - #181 to have the "Lotus" and since #185 the "airbag".

Exceptions are #001 (archaic steering wheel), #070, #107, #141 (propeller), #110, #136, #146, #171 (airbag). There must be more, but I cannot confirm at this stage...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by amzamz; 07-04-2010, 06:50.

Comment

Great summary and graphics!

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                    ... according to my counting of the Spyker C8 Spyders, >24 have the propeller steering wheel, >45 have the "Lotus" wheel and >9 have the "airbag". It is original on cars #002 - #045 to have the propeller steering wheel, #057 - #181 to have the "Lotus" and since #185 the "airbag".

Exceptions are #001 (archaic steering wheel), #070, #107, #141 (propeller), #110, #136, #146, #171 (airbag). There must be more, but I cannot confirm at this stage...

Comment

....getting rid of the shims....
                      What shims? Do I have some I don't need????

Comment

see here starting with post #25:

http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...html#post16809

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
                        What shims? Do I have some I don't need????

Comment

What would it cost to buy the Lambo style wheel and fit to the car?
                          I am guessing the hook up would be nothing more than a horn wiring, but just want to make sure they all fit together.

Without the airbag, are wheels available from Spyker?

Comment

Originally posted by tx246 View Post
                            Without the airbag, are wheels available from Spyker?
                            The propeller steering wheel is not available anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X