• F Spider, your car is gleaming in those showroom photos! :lol:
    With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• Maybe it was just Gloating
      Rijk

Comment

• A New 92 Could be Here Sooner Than Later

Spyker Holding Talks to Build New Version of 1950s Saab Model

Victor Muller "is in talks with automakers to share technology and a platform for a new car based on a 1950s Saab model"

Discussions are already ongoing,” Muller said in a telephone interview yesterday on his way from Gothenburg, Sweden, to Saab’s plant in Trollhaettan. “That will be on my plate for the next 100 days.”
        The new small car would be tear-drop shaped, inspired by the Saab 92 model that was in production between 1949 and 1956, he said, declining to say with whom he’s been negotiating.

This is from an article written by Ola Kinnander, published today in "Bloomberg Businessweek"
        http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...aab-model.html

Comment

• Hurray! That would be fantastic! ... I would hope it can look similar to the teardrop design of the earliest Saab prototype!

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
            Hurray! That would be fantastic! ... I would hope it can look similar to the teardrop design of the earliest Saab prototype!
            Indeed excellent news and Ola Kinnander is a good journalist who has been following the Saab saga for over a year.
            I don't know if the following has any connection, but ...

Interested In Being A Designer For Saab Automobile in Sweden?
            Apply here with Adecco who are working on behalf of Saab, looking to hire a full-time design engineer.
            As Saab Automobile continues to hire more to their team as they ramp up their operations since the sale in February, positions like this are great way to get in while the company starts a new design era.
            Click here Saab Automobile söker en Design Engineer to submit your application with Adecco.

Saab Automobile is seeking a Design Engineer –
            Saab Automobile ABSaab Automobile AB has its roots in Trollhättan and in a strong tradition of innovation and design. The result is breakthrough technology and versatile car that combines driving pleasure with respect to the environment.

As a Design Engineer is responsible and manages your development work in one of bodywork construction sites, where Unigraphics (UG) is the main tool for concept and article development.

Credits to Ryan Saab History » Interested In Being A Designer For Saab Automobile? for this .. the full job description follows.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by DavidMorgan; 28-05-2010, 21:38.

Comment

• AutoCar Saab 92 Road Test 1949

AutoCar have re-published their original 1949 Saab 92 road test.

"When a car is created by aircraft engineers, one is inclined to expect something really outstanding in both design and performance. This attitude of mind comes in no small measure as a result of those special qualities demanded by modern flying, which, when translated to car terms, generally produce the succčs d'estime.

Such were my reflections when I took over the new Swedish Saab 92 at the start of a 500-mile road test, the first to appear in the British Press, and I was not disappointed. Indeed, it would be a very biased motorist who could find any serious complaint against a twin-cylinder family saloon of less than 8hp which can put 53 miles into an hour without strain and has the road-holding properties of real sporting machinery, albeit at a petrol consumption of nearly 40mpg.

The Saab aircraft company and its chief car designer, Mr Gunnar Ljungstrom, are to be congratulated on a really intelligent attempt to produce a small, inexpensive car, which, in the words of the high-pressure salesman, “has everything."

Please read the road test here: Saab 92 - Autocar.co.uk
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DavidMorgan; 30-05-2010, 19:46.

Comment

• First Ever Road Test of 9-5 Aero (Autocar UK)

Saab 9-5 2.8T XWD Aero - Road Test First Drive - Autocar.co.uk
                Attached Files

Comment

• They're really quite positive! It is quite heavy though. If they were to shed some weight (like Alfa did with the 159) and make the V6 directly injected, it would improve economy greatly.

Comment

• Saab NewsRoom Articles on 9-5

Nothing really new here for us but two articles good for press use and an excellent read if you are not familiar with the car:

All New Saab 9-5 Sedan: Start of a New Era for Saab - Saab Newsroom [NS4 version]

Scandinavian Design Simplicity Has Never Looked This Good - Saab Newsroom [NS4 version]

And here is a video with report of two 9-5s smashing head-on

New Saab 9-5 - Crash Test - Saab Newsroom [NS4 version]

EDIT: Here I'm adding "Interview With Anders Svensson Vehicle Line Director On 2010 Saab 9-5"
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMOmI...layer_embedded
                    Last edited by DavidMorgan; 01-06-2010, 07:58.

Comment

• A (first) 100th day report

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

What is killing me is that when VM wants to say Jan-Ĺke Jonsson he is actually saying Jan Ake Jonsson. That Ĺ should be pronounced as a 'soft' O :lol:
                      The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Born from jets?

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• No idea if it is any good, but there's a new Dutch book: 'How Spyker saved Saab, the master move by Victor Muller'
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Dutch press test Victor's 9-5

This Dutch video Saab 9-5 V6 Aero XWD - ABHD auto video's will be of interest ...

Comment

• Yesterday I found this half page size ad in "The Daily Telegraph"
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	14062010150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	62137
                              Last edited by IVR007; 15-06-2010, 11:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                                Yesterday I found this half page size ad in "The Daily Telegraph"
                                [ATTACH]7649[/ATTACH]
                                My photo can also be seen on saabsunited saabsunited.com: report saab to launch ad blitz trim dealers

Comment

Working...
                                X