Top Gear track charity event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear track charity event

Hi, I'm posting this for my friend who is organising the event. I went last year and it's a great day out. If you're interested in getting your car on track or displaying please get in touch with me and I'll put you in contact with the organisers.

Save the date; Sunday May 16th 2010

This is the second year of our Charity ‘ride in a supercar’ event at Dunsfold Aerodrome (the Home of BBC’s top gear)

We at Petrolhead Nirvana are working alongside Club Scuderia to raise money for The Children’s Trust charity.
    The Children's Trust provides services to children with multiple disabilities Which provides care, education, therapy and rehabilitation to children with multiple disabilities, complex health needs and acquired brain injury

The format is simple;

We’ve got 80-100 supercars of various descriptions from Atoms to Zondas giving up their time, fuel and tyres.
    The public pay £20 in exchange for 2 high speed passenger laps of the oval configuration (cant do the figure of 8 as we will have 12 cars out at once which could be interesting at the crossover!) in a standard Ferrari or Lamborghini or up to £60 for blue riband cars such the Ferrari Enzo.
    Add in a number of carefully selected car clubs to display their cars (at a reduced entry rate of £7 per car instead of £7 per person)

Further add in more things to do for adults and kids;
    Driver training circuit
    Helicopter rides
    Live bands
    A myriad of stands and stalls
    Bouncy castles
    Fairground rides
    Fire engine and Double decker bus rides
    Roary the racing car
    Static plane displays
    Great food.

We’re adding more features to this event all the time.

The entry prices for the event are;
    Adults £7
    Children £3
    Family tickets £15
    Standard supercar rides £20
    Blue Ribband rides £30-£60

As I already mentioned car clubs pay £7 per car rather than per person
    Every penny goes to the charity.

A quick video of some of the highlights from last year
    YouTube - highlights of Track day at Dunsfold, the home of Top Gear

We had around 4,000 people at the event last year and this year we’re aiming for double that

Obviously the more people we get to come along to the event the more fun everyone will have and the more money we can raise for The Children’s Trust. So spreading the word about the event would be very helpful indeed.
    All of us at Petrolhead Nirvana are giving our time and efforts for free and my company is also paying for the event liability insurance as well as covering design costs for any media – so as you can see this is in no way a commercial event.

I’m also in charge of organising the car club static displays and would love to have you along.
    I’ll need an idea of numbers a month or so prior to the event and I’m happy to coordinate the group, and organise details unless that is something you would prefer to do yourself?

Officially the list of drivers is closed (as priority went to those who drove with us last year), however I do have a few spaces for anything special and a little leeway on numbers.

If this does sound like it would be of interest it would be great to hear back with any further thoughts and ideas you may have.

I would be happy to bring in my Spyker for the event, and could take passengers around. However, rain will prevent it all, as I have no roof, and I will definitely not mount one! That is, planning impossible. Let me know. I could spontaneously turn up if that is all right.

Comment

The weather was great, just a little windy, last year so fingers crossed for more of the same. My video of last years event is here:
      YouTube - highlights of Track day at Dunsfold, the home of Top Gear
      You can find some onboard camera laps with the camera mounted on my friends Ariel Atom in my other videos too, as well as some other quite diverse places and cars I've been driving!

Comment

Maybe Spyker of the UK, Broughtons is interested..
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Hi, Thanks, "Spyker Owner" sent me their details so will be getting in touch with them.

I just realised my friend had already included that last video link in his event write up that I posted above. so here are some more from the same day.

YouTube - Happy Christmas Petrolhead Nirvana (explicit language)

This was the only spin of the day, it just happened to be the organiser and I just happened to have a camera mounted on his car at the time. Will he ever live it down? Not while I keep re-editing it with multiple action replays The full un-edited lap is also on my youtube page without music.
          YouTube - easterbyf's Channel

Comment

Working...
          X