No announcement yet.

Help me choose a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Elise? It's a perfect car for Europe, though a Tesla isn't far off...

Comment

Hello Rijk,

Is this the car?

Decalee_65p.jpg
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
        Hello Rijk,

Is this the car?

[ATTACH]1405[/ATTACH]

That's it. It's based off of the Lotus Elise.

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          Yes, there is an update.

I have been in contact at a high level with Tesla. They are interested to get me in the first Tesla in Europe, but it will not be in 2008, since they have their hand full with their current US order book of 1000 cars.

However, in 2009 it will happen. They agree that starting in the Netherlands is a good idea, and the fact that I can legally drive around in a US certified model with US plates means that they can have an early car driving around.
          Well, here's another update. Despite all early contacts between the Dutch Lotus importer and Tesla, Tesla decided not to include the Netherlands in their initial set up in 2009. They have still reserved a production slot for me, but the Euro Tesla is 50% more expensive than the US version (excl. taxes), and the closest service station will be in Copenhagen Denmark. Including taxes, that will make a Dutch registered Tesla more than twice as expensive

So, I need to look further.
          Rijk

Comment

can't you export a US Tesla to the Netherlands?

Comment

Originally posted by AX lover View Post
              can't you export a US Tesla to the Netherlands?
              I can, but Tesla does not want the car serviced by the Dutch Lotus importer/dealer.
              Rijk

Comment

I can, but Tesla does not want the car serviced by the Dutch Lotus importer/dealer.
                Is that because the Dutch Lotus Importer have electric Elises themselves nowadays?

Dutch article: Elektro-auto’s uit Nederland - AutoWeek.nl

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                  Is that because the Dutch Lotus Importer have electric Elises themselves nowadays?
                  Probably.
                  Van der Kooi is a man with a plan!

:: ECE :: Electric Cars Europe
                  In order to create objects of timeless beauty, one must respect the past, enjoy the present and look with enthusiasm into the future. www.michielvandenbrink.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel Mobiel View Post
                    Van der Kooi is a man with a plan!
                    Willem has been in contact with Tesla from very early on, but finally Tesla decided not to go that way.
                    Rijk

Comment

You could still opt for the Elise. There is no longer need to go for the Exige as the Elise is available with a supercharger as well nowadays

Comment

The Elise SC has a small displacement supercharger and it isn't going be quite as quick as an Exige S 240.

But that depends on how fast you care to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
                          You could still opt for the Elise. There is no longer need to go for the Exige as the Elise is available with a supercharger as well nowadays
                          Due to our Dutch project delay, I'm getting a little more time from customs on my current car
                          Rijk

Comment

Rijk,

I think you should be glad the Tesla didnīt work out......

YouTube - Top Gear Tesla review

Jeremy Clarkson: 'In the real world it doesn't seem to work... '

Comment

Or you should buy 2 of them

Comment

Originally posted by Spyker 007 View Post
                                Rijk,

I think you should be glad the Tesla didnīt work out......

YouTube - Top Gear Tesla review

Jeremy Clarkson: 'In the real world it doesn't seem to work... '
                                The closest service station is going to be in Copenhagen. Way beyond the reach of the Tesla.
                                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                                X