No announcement yet.

#207 - C8 Spyder - Burnt Almond Orange / Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... hmmm. I really wish you that the wheelnut comes off next weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
      I stupidly overtightened this wheel last year, and now it won't come off. Not even with two people on the extended breaker bar. The brakes, emergency brake, in gear, and a wood block can't avoid the wheel to turn in place.

Next weekend we'll continue. We'll be adding a wheel chock, lower the air pressure (?), sledge hammer the breaker bar to shock it into release. We might need 5 people
      Try to use WD40. It might will help.

Dutchdude
      Spykerowner #141
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchdude View Post
        Try to use WD40. It might will help.
        WD does not hold a candle to these two

http://www.castlepackspower.com/inde...astle%20Thrust

PB Blaster
        http://www.blastercorp.com

Reinstall with

http://www.permatex.com/products-2/p...bricant-detail
        Last edited by F Spider; 01-02-2021, 17:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          I stupidly overtightened this wheel last year, and now it won't come off. Not even with two people on the extended breaker bar. The brakes, emergency brake, in gear, and a wood block can't avoid the wheel to turn in place.

Next weekend we'll continue. We'll be adding a wheel chock, lower the air pressure (?), sledge hammer the breaker bar to shock it into release. We might need 5 people
          Any way your can get some heat into it? Please do NOT point a blow torch at your car on my advice... but maybe there's a way to localize some heat into the shaft/nut, or use heated blankets etc. May just make a small difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
            Any way your can get some heat into it? Please do NOT point a blow torch at your car on my advice... but maybe there's a way to localize some heat into the shaft/nut, or use heated blankets etc. May just make a small difference.
            Makes sense. What if Tom heats the garage a day in advance?

Comment

• ... metal is a good heat conductor. Therefore, changing the overall temperature will not matter. Everything would expand or shrink the same. However, if you rapidly bring heat to the nut, you stand a chance. The heat then will be larger near the heat source as compared to the rest of the wheel. In such a case I believe that the nut may indeed expand faster than the rest of the wheel. It is worth trying. But I agree, make sure you will not damage the wheels! Aluminium can burn very well in a flame!!! I would prefer either hot water or a kind of electric hot plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by panoz1 View Post
                I think it is just too tight to get anything to creep in there
                Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                  ... metal is a good heat conductor. Therefore, changing the overall temperature will not matter. Everything would expand or shrink the same. However, if you rapidly bring heat to the nut, you stand a chance. The heat then will be larger near the heat source as compared to the rest of the wheel. In such a case I believe that the nut may indeed expand faster than the rest of the wheel. It is worth trying. But I agree, make sure you will not damage the wheels! Aluminium can burn very well in a flame!!! I would prefer either hot water or a kind of electric hot plate.
                  There is some kind of electric clip-on tongs heating device that will heat up so quickly, that the nut will be considerably hotter than the shaft. But we have no access to it...
                  Rijk

Comment

• image_16055.jpgimage_16056.jpg The wheels will come off this weekend
                    Rijk

Comment

• image_16057.jpg Front is ready
                      Last edited by F Spider; 01-02-2021, 17:12.
                      Rijk

Comment

• Looks brand new

Comment

• image_16058.jpg Wheel is still not off
                          Last edited by F Spider; 01-02-2021, 17:12.
                          Rijk

Comment

• image_16059.jpgimage_16060.jpg Closing up for two weeks...
                            Last edited by F Spider; 01-02-2021, 17:11.
                            Rijk

Comment

• image_16064.jpg Dirty front wheels. Lots of brake dust
                              Last edited by F Spider; 01-02-2021, 01:32.
                              Rijk

Comment

• Whoa, Nelly...you are really going to town on that Spyker! Very impressive, Rijk.

Comment

Working...
                                X