X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AX lover
    replied
    Hmm does this mean the Aileron will be a hairdressers car

PS For our English speaking friends the mule is spotted in front of a hairdresser.

Leave a comment:

• bucciali
    replied
    The mule has been spotted again.

Pics courtesy of GuySie of Flickr.com

Leave a comment:

• SpykerX3
    replied
    well, i'm on record... this car is U G L Y. It just seems awkward with that disproportionately long rear.

Leave a comment:

• AX lover
    replied
    That doesn't matter, this is just a mule. What counts is what kind of technique it is hiding

Leave a comment:

• F Spider
    replied
    Originally posted by SpykerX3 View Post
    they took a perfectly good looking car and completely ruined it with that insanely stupid colored top. wow. i think i just vomited in my mouth.
    Very professional way of folding that top too

Leave a comment:

• SpykerX3
    replied
    they took a perfectly good looking car and completely ruined it with that insanely stupid colored top. wow. i think i just vomited in my mouth.

Leave a comment:

• AX lover
    replied
    And the mule is spotted again testing in the Netherlands. And it now had regular Dutch (yellow) plates!

Can't wait to see the production version!

Leave a comment:

• AX lover
    replied
    @amzamz, I guess you have the 'old' soft top. Which Spyker used in the beginning. Later they changed it into the one you see in these pictures.

The new C8 Aileron Spyder will get a nice electrical operated soft top.

The 'old' soft top

The 'new' soft top

Leave a comment:

• SpykerOwner
    replied
    Originally posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
    Anyone know why the rear end extends so much further? What is being housed there? Anything extra?
    Three reasons basically:
    1) to be able to fit a proper top for the convertible
    2) to be able to fit the new - optional - automatic transmission
    3) to improve handling

Leave a comment:

• Bavarian Motorist
    replied
    Anyone know why the rear end extends so much further? What is being housed there? Anything extra?

Leave a comment:

• luigisk
    replied
    Originally posted by amzamz View Post
    ... this is a new kind of roof! On my car, I have a soft top which extends to the back more. Is it a convertible top? Any signs of a convertible top would greatly improve the attractiveness. Right now, I have to guess the weather for the coming 2 weeks between London and North Norway! Alternatively, I can take twice the time for it and spend rainy days in pubs along the way!

Why are all the Spyker roofs (hard and soft) so ugly? I am not sure whether the car is so very beautiful that any roof may appear wrong on it...
    I think your right. They are not so beautiful because i think they don't have an aerodynamic look. It interrupts the aerodynamic look on he car. I hope that they improve that for the aileron.

Leave a comment:

• amzamz
    replied
    soft top

... this is a new kind of roof! On my car, I have a soft top which extends to the back more. Is it a convertible top? Any signs of a convertible top would greatly improve the attractiveness. Right now, I have to guess the weather for the coming 2 weeks between London and North Norway! Alternatively, I can take twice the time for it and spend rainy days in pubs along the way!

Why are all the Spyker roofs (hard and soft) so ugly? I am not sure whether the car is so very beautiful that any roof may appear wrong on it...

Leave a comment:

• AX lover
    replied
    Some new spypics:

And a quote from somebody who says he is working for Spyker:

Spyker is using this mule on a regular basis to perform tests. And it is on the dyno every day to get as much power out of it as possible.

Leave a comment:

• pterps
    replied
    Originally posted by AX lover View Post
    Shame on you Peter! Why didn't you show them here first
    I am sorry mate, I guess it was due to lack of sleep after a trip to Italy last week

Leave a comment:

• AX lover
    replied
    Shame on you Peter! Why didn't you show them here first

Leave a comment:

Working...
X