No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @OnTheLam
    ... go to Norway! Great country! Keep in mind, speeding is punished even more harshly than in Switzerland. You will go to jail for a dirt... check the road out slowly and repeatedly... and overlay the sound track of your accelerated videos with music :lol: . Never film your speedometer, or at least combine it with a soundtrack talking about some place in Germany!

I recommend dense fog, or heavy rain... no speed camera will work and if someone follows you at speed that is very suspicious...

quote "Norway...
    Highest Fines: 10% of annual income and jail time...
    Travelers already will know that Norway is absurdly expensive in many ways, ... and their speeding fines are no different, at 10 per cent of annual income ... But Norway distinguishes itself by imposing a mandatory minimum jail term of 18 days for speeding offenses deemed excessive alongside the hefty fine. Speeders can also face community service or a license suspension of more than three years."

more stories 1 2 3
    Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2023, 23:48.

Comment

• I'm still confused about why I should go to Norway after everything I just read
      Nihil ausus, nihil acquisitus

Comment

• :lol::lol::lol: yes, me too... but the fjords and mountain roads are great! It's kind of Russian roulette, to go there with a sports car!

Comment

• You are killing me! :lol: A deadly combination of incredible scenery, awesome roads and intolerant laws.

Say, are the local authorities bribe-able? That could make all the difference! :lol:
          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• Originally posted by OnTheLam View Post
            You are killing me!
            Same here! Never been to Norway, but from what I've seen on pictures and movies it is gorgeous out there.

Comment

• ...bribe the Norwegian authorities? I don't think so. In Russian roulette, you cannot bribe the bullets either.... you can avoid to participate... just be within the safe zone and you're fine...

Alternative: go to Sicily or Calabria in Southern Italy. This is another fun area. There you can bribe!!!! No limit... Mafia country! You may lose whatever you own in a split second, too... Wonderful scenery! History (Targa Florio, ancient Greek temples)! ... and the weather may be more compatible with a C8 Spyder, too. No, I haven't done that yet, but it is on my list! I was in the Calabrian mountains with my Bugatti only... sorry Note: there is not really a "safe zone" here!

Comment

• image_11252.jpg ... the same procedure every year! It was a really nice Spring weekend! 1,600km. More, when I sorted out the pics... this one is taken at Bivio (Switzerland).
                Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2023, 23:48.

Comment

• That is still a lot of snow. I drove today past one our our localski areas, but there was almost no snow left.
                  Rijk

Comment

• Beautiful! Another year off to a good start!

Comment

• image_11253.jpg image_11254.jpg image_11255.jpg image_11256.jpg image_11257.jpg image_11258.jpg #1

... here a few of the snapshots. Sorry for lousy quality, I was doing them in a hurry... taken at Julier pass, and Bernina pass (both Switzerland, Engadin valley, near St.Moritz).
                      Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2023, 23:47.

Comment

• image_11259.jpg image_11260.jpg image_11261.jpg image_11262.jpg image_11263.jpg image_11264.jpg #2

... here some more. Taken at lake Sils, which still was entirely frozen, and Poschiavo valley (both Switzerland, near St.Moritz).
                        Last edited by F Spider; 23-03-2023, 23:46.

Comment

• I really wish I was your passenger

Comment

• Hey amzamz, what kind of camera are you sporting? It's producing some epic shots
                            Last edited by RossoCorsa; 27-03-2012, 01:58.
                            I am speaking to you know from inside one of the venturi tunnels

Comment

• #045 goes for all the best drives!

Comment

• Originally posted by RossoCorsa View Post
                                Hey amzamz, what kind of camera are you sporting? It's producing some epic shots
                                My bet is on the Fujifilm Finepix X100

Comment

Working...
                                X