X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amzamz, did you get my PM?
    Rijk

Comment

• image_7886.jpg image_7887.jpg ... have a look at this! During the match Netherlands vs Uruguay the motorway was empty near Erfurt - Jena (Germany)... I was alone, I had to take a picture at speed, not so simple actually. Not really recommended. The one on the right was taken when going to my business meeting at 09:50 and the one on the left on my return at 19:40.
      Last edited by F Spider; 16-01-2024, 04:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by amzamz View Post
        ... have a look at this! During the match Netherlands vs Uruguay the motorway was empty near Erfurt - Jena (Germany)... I was alone, I had to take a picture at speed, not so simple actually. Not really recommended. The one on the right was taken when going to my business meeting at 09:50 and the one on the left on my return at 19:40.
        LOL....:lol:...very cool Amzamz...please be carefull and don't take these kind of pictures anymore...WAY to dangerous. Living on the edge is the best kind of living now and then..but not to often.
        Last edited by F Spider; 16-01-2024, 04:45.

Comment

• Impressive!!!!

Comment

• ...the speedo reads 295km/h. The rev counter reads 6,920rpm. Assuming the speedo is 10% off, that would be 266km/h only.... If the speedo is off by 5% that would be 280km/h. Assuming the rev counter is correct, and the specifications that at 7,200rpm a speed of 300km/h is obtained, that would be 288km/h. I had the GPS recorder running, but unfortunately in the wrong data collection mode: the measurement was 259km/h for a 20 seconds average. So, in conclusion, I guess a proper speed mesurement should be made on a Spyker's top speed... Perhaps Rhyno is going to do that in Edmonton (Alberta) soon .

The stretch of road was entirely straight and flat. However, I assume I could have taken it a little bit further still for top speed! That would really need a long long test track!

... and I still don't know whether the speedo has a stop for the needle at 300km/h...:lol:

Comment

• Very cool Amzamz!!!!

How did the car feel at that speed? Was the front end floaty?
              I hope I can get 300 out of my car, the runway at Cold Lake air force base is 12,600 feet or 3.8 Kilometers long!

Comment

A simple thought and a brief investigation:
                How long would the Spyker last? How can we make a guess? The body and engine is aluminium, the handicraft looks excellent, the engine is Audi A8...
                I have investigated a German website for second hand cars AutoScout24 Europas Automarkt für Gebrauchtwagen und Neuwagen and found the following for Audi A8:
                0-50,000km------------212 cars for sale
                50-100,000km----------404 cars for sale
                100-150,000km---------260 cars for sale
                150-200,000km---------148 cars for sale
                200-400,000km---------76 cars for sale (the highest at 380k)
                ... it still looks similar (Audi S8 and A8):
                0-50,000km------------770 cars for sale
                50-100,000km----------436 cars for sale
                100-150,000km---------343 cars for sale
                150-200,000km---------215 cars for sale
                200-400,000km---------168 cars for sale
                (the highest at 537,000km and still running)

I would trust the Audi engine!
                Last edited by amzamz; 10-07-2010, 10:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhyno View Post
                  How did the car feel at that speed? Was the front end floaty?
                  No, the car feels well balanced! Everything floats at that speed! My #045 seems to start flying and gets very very light... And, you probably wanted to get a feel for the road surface at lower speed before you attempt this! I always go up and down the same stretch of road, step-wise increasing speeds run after run. The road surface is VERY IMPORTANT for my car. Perhaps, you are much better off with the Karmann (wide body)... Be careful!

Remember two things: Spyker was an aircraft manufacturer, and even heavy jets take off at 280 km/h!:lol:
                  Last edited by amzamz; 10-07-2010, 10:08.

Comment

• ... this week in pictures. Danube ferry crossing, Grossglockner (both Austria) and Val Gardena (Italy).
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Beautiful pictures, Amzamz! We did Grossglockner after leaving St. Anton a few weeks ago and it was fabulous. I only wished for less traffic! We couldn't make Val Gardena this trip, but it was on my list till I learned that I wouldn't be allowed to take rental cars into Italy from Germany. Bummer.

Thanks for the pictures!
                      With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• Great pictures Amzamz...love the last one...nice composition!

Comment

• ... today in London (start at Belgrave Square at 06:00), Thruxton circuit and at Wilton House. The other Spykers are #170, #187 and #255. The last picture shows that we just made it back home in time before the rain.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• ... some photographers are just terrific! It is either the way to take the picture, or how to photoshop it afterwards. Have a look at this one by Andrew Whyte, professional photographer from Southsea (UK). Source here.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Indeed a great picture.

Comment

... some photographers are just terrific! It is either the way to take the picture, or how to photoshop it afterwards. Have a look at this one by Andrew Whyte, professional photographer from Southsea (UK). Source here.
                                Thanks for posting and for your kind comments - in this case there's no photoshop. I've just registered to see how to go about posting my other Spyker images for your enjoyment.

Comment

Working...
                                X