Component Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Component Location

Hi all. Hoping someone can answer this. I'm working on "reviving" a C8 Spyder. It's got a grand total of 300 miles on it and has been parked for a dozen years. It would seem the tank was drained when parked so we put 2 gallons of fuel in. I don't hear pumps running and we are getting no fuel to the fuel rail. I have some questions...

1. Where is the fuel pump relay located? I would have thought close to the fuse panel but that doesn't seem to be the case. Fuses 3 and 4 are both fine...checked that already.

2. How do the pumps work on this car? Should they run for a second or two when the key is turned on? Or do they activate when the relay sees an alternator pulse? Finding any technical info on these cars is proving to be difficult.

Appreciate any help!
    Dale

Can you let me know where you are located? Then I can direct you to the right person.
    Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
      Can you let me know where you are located? Then I can direct you to the right person.
      The right person would be someone who can answer the questions I've posted. Why would location matter? I didn't ask for someone to fix it, I asked for some help with operation and component location. There is very little technical information about these cars on the web and I'm not crazy about pulling panels etc just to find things. The car is in Canada.

Comment

Contact me on jasper@spykerenthusiast.com or easier ; through my Instagram account “SpykerEnthusiast”

Comment

Well, for North America I would have directed you to Chris, the NA Spyker tech. He has the best "local" resourses if needed. Jasper is in the Netherlands, but has a worldwide reach, and is the best resource for parts and knowledge.

PM me for factory workshop manuals. There are about 200 different instruction sets that are not available in the internet.
          Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by Jasperdd View Post
            Contact me on jasper@spykerenthusiast.com or easier ; through my Instagram account “SpykerEnthusiast”
            Thanks! I sent an email. I don't do Instagram so have emailed you.

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
              Well, for North America I would have directed you to Chris, the NA Spyker tech. He has the best "local" resourses if needed. Jasper is in the Netherlands, but has a worldwide reach, and is the best resource for parts and knowledge.

PM me for factory workshop manuals. There are about 200 different instruction sets that are not available in the internet.
              Thanks for responding. I'll send a PM about manuals.

Comment

Working...
              X