Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Propeller style steering wheel wanted

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    1 more left; there is one going to the Ukraine !! a cognac.

    Comment


    • #92
      Last one going to Cali in Tropicana Orange? :-)

      Comment


      • #93
        And again a Lambo to propellor conversion !!

        Comment


        • #94
          So, there were 51 propeller steering wheels. Five years ago we made seven hubs, but no steering wheels. How many did you add? I still have one of the old aluminum rims on my garage wall, but no hub.
          Rijk

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #95
            I have made a batch of 30 wheels and about 25 hubs.

            There have been a few guys buying the wheel as art on their office desk.

            Comment


            • #96
              Since there are no more Steering wheels; please post here if there is still interest.. maybe when there are multiple requests i can do a small production run (only when it can cover the engineering costs of a new mold)
              Last edited by Jasperdd; 02-01-2019, 15:10.

              Comment


              • #97
                Christmas was good to 089. Saint Jasper's gift to Spyker owners worldwide was finally installed over the holidays and is looking fantastic.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #98
                  I think that you need to turn the steering wheel 90, if your wheels are straight. The straps are where your hands are not...
                  Rijk

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Hi Doug, good to see you managed to put the wheel on yourself !

                    Happy with the quality ?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by F Spider View Post
                      I think that you need to turn the steering wheel 90, if your wheels are straight. The straps are where your hands are not...
                      Thanks, got it on correct but picture was taken as I had turned to pull into the garage.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jasperdd View Post
                        Hi Doug, good to see you managed to put the wheel on yourself !

                        Happy with the quality ?
                        Perfect !

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mrleed View Post
                          Thanks, got it on correct but picture was taken as I had turned to pull into the garage.
                          Just had to make sure, because Victor berated me for putting mine on wrong
                          Rijk

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • That's funny as the steeringwheels mounted by the factory are not done so the same way. Some have the wrapped sides up / down and some have these at the sides where your hands are. So it seems that there is not a 'mandatory' way to do it and that it's more like personal preference.
                            Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                              That's funny as the steeringwheels mounted by the factory are not done so the same way. Some have the wrapped sides up / down and some have these at the sides where your hands are. So it seems that there is not a 'mandatory' way to do it and that it's more like personal preference.
                              That is also how I heared it from Spyker mechanics.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
                                That's funny as the steeringwheels mounted by the factory are not done so the same way. Some have the wrapped sides up / down and some have these at the sides where your hands are. So it seems that there is not a 'mandatory' way to do it and that it's more like personal preference.

                                Especially when you have the leather in a light color, I would want the wrapped parts on the top and bottom part of the steering wheel. The smooth part is way easier to clean thoroughly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X