Timeless design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeless design

This year the Spyker C8 design is 15 years old. It is unbelievable how well the design ages. The 918 has nothing on the C8
    Attached Files
    Rijk

Agree absolutely. One of a very few design classics that achieves balance, attitude and presence without straight lines... and is as good in motion and at a standstill, and is as good up close as it is from a distance. In fact even fewer cars excite you with more interesting design up close than you can see from a distance (and even fewer buildings Rijk!).

It's e-type good!

I think the only engineering mistake is the cooling - having the radiator flow up and over the screen into the cockpit makes it hard for the cooling to keep up and means I overheat!! Making the air-conditioning pump out more cold air to counteract is not a pure solution for me! And not sure it is necessary for a road car - maybe take the air out underneath the car, and give us a front boot (frunk)?

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
      ...having the radiator flow up and over the screen into the cockpit...
      ... couldn't agree more to that! That's really a problem in Summer!

Comment

You guy's need the upgrade to the later (2008 and up) AC.

Nothing will solve the roadster configuration at 100F. But the newer AC has double the capacity of the earlier AC.

The two vent and the three vent AC have the same capacity. Only the four vent has the improved system...
        Rijk

Comment

Originally posted by F Spider View Post
          You guy's need the upgrade to the later (2008 and up) AC.

Nothing will solve the roadster configuration at 100F. But the newer AC has double the capacity of the earlier AC.

The two vent and the three vent AC have the same capacity. Only the four vent has the improved system...
          I know that's one answer, but the little bit of engineer in me does not want to solve a hot air problem with using power to produce more cold air.... Like I have a fridge that chills air inside and gives out heat on the outside that I then cool with A/C; except in Winter when I heat the house because it's icy outside then put a box in the warm house and use electricity to freeze the small space inside it....

I'm fully solar and geo-heat pump now... but I still cannot bear to waste energy!

Comment

Originally posted by mrobin33 View Post
            I know that's one answer, but the little bit of engineer in me does not want to solve a hot air problem with using power to produce more cold air.... Like I have a fridge that chills air inside and gives out heat on the outside that I then cool with A/C; except in Winter when I heat the house because it's icy outside then put a box in the warm house and use electricity to freeze the small space inside it....

I'm fully solar and geo-heat pump now... but I still cannot bear to waste energy!
            Good point. The hot air should have been directed left and right of the windshield...
            Rijk

Comment

... no no! In the Alps in April that is fine with me! Temperatures 0-15 degrees Centigrade are fine.

Just in Summer with 20-30 degrees C, I would like to have two mechanical flaps in the legroom area to provide fresh air from the front.

Comment

Found it:lol::lol::lol:
                Attached Files
                Rijk

Comment

that's exactly the type of solution I was looking for!

It will attract as many questions as the 4th pedal, I am sure!!!

Comment

These work well on my Jaguar.... easily foot operated.
                    Attached Files

Comment

... is this original on a Jaguar? Or did you have it fitted later?

Comment

Originally posted by amzamz View Post
                        ... is this original on a Jaguar? Or did you have it fitted later?
                        Yes it's original - firstly fitted on US models and then added on European models later. It is spring loaded with a lever on the inside so easy to flip open or close with your foot; fits flush and hard to see once its closed. Makes a big difference.

Comment

How cool is that. I guess we need to shorten the fuel tanks on our cars to achieve this
                          Rijk

Comment

Working...
                          X