X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyker bankruptcy

This is a sad day...

SPYKER COMPANIES DECLARED BANKRUPT
    Zeewolde, the Netherlands, 18 December 2014. Today the District Court of Midden-Nederland, at the request of the administrator, converted the moratorium of payment, granted to Spyker N.V. and its wholly owned subsidiaries Spyker Automobielen B.V. and Spyker Events & Branding B.V. (collectively “Spyker” or the “Company”) on December 2nd, last, to bankruptcy. The cause for this conversion was that the committed bridge funding did unfortunately not reach the company in time. The administrator will continue his work but now as receiver.

Victor R. Muller, Founder and Chief Executive Officer said: “None of the ambitions we had when we founded Spyker 15 years ago, has vanished as a result of today’s events. In 2000 we set out to establish a super sports car business from scratch with a global distribution and we achieved that. Over the years we undertook some daring ventures that left their marks on the company which in turn contributed to today’s demise.

However, I would like to make clear that as far as I am concerned “this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning” to quote Winston Churchill. I will relentlessly endeavour to resurrect Spyker as soon as practically possible and, assuming we will be successful, pursue our goal to merge with a high performance electric aircraft manufacturer and develop revolutionary electric Spykers with disruptive sustainable technology.

This is the moment to express my gratitude to our customers, dealers, suppliers and of course our employees and Board. Their loyalty and support was vital to build the brand over the past decade and a half. They can count on us continuing to live by the Spyker axiom “Nulla Tenaci Invia est Via” (Latin for “For the tenacious no road is impassible”).”
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

it truly is

Comment

Pfffff cant believe it.

Comment

Sad,....but with Victor....I'm sure Spyker Will be back. Probably with a surprise.

Comment

... management buyout?

Comment

Condolences, and -- like all of you -- I have hopes for a phoenix-like rise from the ashes.
            With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

"Doorstart" is a common occurrence in the Netherlands to regroup and restart in a new configuration...
              Rijk

Comment

Curator Pasman is optimistic about such a "restart", according to this Dutch article.

Translated (freely):

"Almost immediately I received e-mails from the U.S. and the East [expressing interest in Spyker]". Spyker founder Victor Muller eyes to restart the company as well. "I was already contacted by several parties during the moratorium of payments". The curator want to set up a bidbook in January, after which the bidding process can commence.

The curator aims to investigate a full or partial restart first. "But there are also investors that are interested only in the Spyker brand."
                Last edited by IVR007; 20-12-2014, 17:12.
                The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

So, we should change the name of this thread into "Spyker's Comeback"
                  , or at least "Spyker after Bankruptcy"
                  Rijk

Comment

Here is a Nice short video (sorry in dutch) of how it al began:

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

... it's a day to celebrate NULLA TENACI....
                      Attached Files

Comment

What happened?

Comment

On appeal, the bankruptcy of Spyker has been reversed to chapter 11. This gives the possibility te restructure the company.
                          Rijk

Comment

Working...
                          X