THe Big Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THe Big Snow

So... This morning I wake up to snowblow the driveway. Don't know if you've heard, we've had a bit of snow up in these parts. Never seen anything like it in my 40 years. I have 2-3 feet of snow in my driveway, 4-5 foot drifts in places. Took me an hour and a half to clear a path just big enough to get the truck out of the driveway. Yes, I was going to try to go open the store! Ha ha, sure. The roads are only cleared to one lane wide, and even that has 5-8 inches of snow on it. Of course, I get to the store and there's no way I'm getting in the parking lot, because there's 3 feet of snow there too! Our plow guy's trucks are all stuck! He called and said as soon as he's using his front end loader. Truly incredible. And it's still snowing! Our town police are calling people telling them that basically the town is closed, a state of emergency is in effect, nobody is to be on the roads who is not a municipal or emergency worker.

Snow like this, even snowmobiles get stuck.
    Last edited by Mattjs33; 02-02-2011, 15:49.

Some pictures, now that the snow has stopped.

The last shot is the road in front of my house. Looks pretty good now, you should have seen it three hours ago!
    Attached Files

Comment

*Mumbles* Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
      Olav

Instagram
      https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

It is minus 27 in Vail CO

Matt,

I know the feeling sitting in my home in colorado its -20 I've been coming here for 27 years it has never been that cold.. No skiing today good luck selling antifreeze today

Comment

It's snowing here in New Hampshire a good deal, although apparently we are getting lighter stuff; the rest of New England is being hit harder. It all pales in comparision to your description, but a bit of Schadenfreude certainly makes it easier for us over here to bear!

Comment

Finally got to the store cleared at 10:30 this morning. The official tally for our snowfall here in Antioch was 24 inches. Yes. Two feet of snow.

Here's the parking lot after snow removal; somebody could make a wicked snow fort in there...

(sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, my phone is decidedly retro-tech!)
            Attached Files

Comment

Good luck, Matt! What a winter!

I wish we could get a little more snow here in California, if only up on the ski slopes. We had a big dump early, but it has since melted and re-frozen numerous times, so it could be better skiing.

Here in the Bay Area, it is sunny and 57F.
              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

The big storm missed NYC today, just some rain and melting snow.

And a lot of sludge.....
                Rijk

Comment

Working...
                X