No announcement yet.

Factory visit Spring 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's going to be hard to top this visit, but we need to start planning the Fall Factory Visit
    Rijk

Comment

• Originally posted by Wouter View Post
      I also had a wonderful time at the factory yesterday. Nice that the race cars were present and that we were allowed to visit the production facility this time. In my opinion the aeroblade rims look good under the Aileron. Here are some of my pictures:
      Maybe this is a strange question, but that aileron looks like a design study or something. Certainly not a production car. What is it?
      Louis

Comment

• I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure it's a clay model.

Comment

• F1, Aileron clay model and D12!! niiiice!

Comment

• It was a NICE visit, for those of us who were not able to join here’s a small report of the visit. I did not make notes but this is what I remember. If I’m wrong or forgot something please correct me…!

After some drinks in the development area Hans van Rennes made fun of our forum nicknames and gave an interesting presentation. Among other things he showed us some crash test movies of the C8 Spyder and about the rumoured possible re-entering in F1 his reaction was a smiling no comment…I don’t know what that means…. If al works out Spyker will bring a single Aileron to the Goodwood Festival of Speed . At pebble beach the Aileron Spyder version will make its world debut. Spykercars is also planning to take two coupe versions to Pebble beach.
            Last edited by Wouter; 25-04-2009, 13:40.

Comment

• Victor Muller joined us and did a Q&A; Production of the C8 Aileron is speeding up. The second Aileron, a black one, is used for al sorts of test. Order intake for the Aileron is good and 100% of the customers until now choose the ZF 6-speed automatic gearbox! The factory expected 95% of the Ailerons to be fitted with this gearbox. Spykercars is also planning two C8 Aileron driving events in the U.S. this summer.

Order intake for the SWB models did not drop after the introduction of the Aileron it even shows a small rise! Victor expects the SWB models to be in production for the next two years and than probable will end. 11 LM85’s have been built until now. Because of the very good order intake for C8 Spyders and Laviolette’s and the limited number of SWB chassis it is doubtful if al 24 LM85 will be built. If costumer demands for the SWB models remains as strong as it is and the factory runs out of chassis there is the option to order a batch of 20,30 or even 50 additional chassis. The factory has al the moulding pattern and therefore is not dependent on the initial chassis supplier and now bankrupt Karmann.
              Last edited by Wouter; 25-04-2009, 14:03.

Comment

• The P2P mule is tested intensively at the Lotus facility at this moment. Victor Muller already drove the mule and was enthusiastic about the handling and driving experience. Besides the test mule at least two D8 P2P will be build this year, used for testing and even for some test drives for future owners as well. Expect the D8 P2P to have a 560hp supercharged V8 of American origin. Fitting this engine in the Aileron is a serious option for the future but the current combination of the Audi V8 with the ZF automatic gearbox is perfect so there is now need to rush this.

We also talked about the MTM supercharger. 4 Spyker's already received this 125HP boost. It is expensive (40K) and labour intensive. The car has to be almost totally striped to install this supercharger.

After this meeting Hans van Rennes showed us the development area. The grey C8 Aileron test mule, with the paddle shifts behind the steering wheel, was sitting there and it clearly shows the signs of extensive use. It recently did some high speed tests in north Germany.

We also visited the racing department where the C8 Laviolette GT2R was almost ready to go to the Le Mans Series 1000KM of Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium.

At the end of the day we went to the production facility where we saw the new 9 sell production line. There were quite some car’s there in differenced stages of production including at least 4 LM85’s.

Thanks to Rijk for organising this visit and many thanks to Spykercars for the warm welcome!
                Last edited by Wouter; 25-04-2009, 14:02.

Comment

• Thanks Wouter, I was really bummed that I wasn't able to join you guys, but this nicely detailed report makes up for it at least a bit. I'd like to see the result of joining the American v8 and the Aileron, that would certainly make for a real beast! Is there any clarity about when they will start racing the Aileron? I think that's going to be a beautiful racecar.
                  By the way: Are there any more pictures?

Comment

• Thanks Wouter
                    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Thanks for the report! Really wished I could make it! Will be there next time!

Comment

• Thanks for the info Wouter. I was so angry that i couldn't come that day.. next time i just have to be there..
                        Louis

Comment

• Any more pictures yet?

Comment

• As far as I can see, it was a great day . Hopefully I can join you guys if you will go to the factory another time, if you will allow me to . I'd like to see the Spykers in real life. I like to see pictures of Spykers, but I would like to see one in real life...

Keep the pictures coming
                            Olav

Instagram
                            https://www.instagram.com/3stfotografie/?hl=nl

Comment

• Thanks for the report Wouter. The visit was really nice. Some small additions and notes to the report: the 560 hp compressor engine that Victor was talking about is in my view the Callaway compressor engine that is used in the Corvette. The new engine will also fit into the Aileron, so there will probably be an S-version of the Aileron later. Victor also mentioned an E-line that he sees in the future, something like the Porsche Panamera.
                              Full production of the Aileron will start from June 1. Victor mentioned that not all 24 LM85's will be built, but the C8 Laviolette is still in demand. In my view this means that most customers prefer the Laviolette, not the LM85, probably because of the colour scheme?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
                                Any more pictures yet?
                                I will upload the ones I took this week.

Niels

Comment

Working...
                                X