X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpykerOwner
    replied
    Originally posted by Laviolette GT2R View Post
    Thanks for the link. This is one of my favorites and it is no longer on Youtube

Leave a comment:

• Laviolette GT2R
    replied
    Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
    ...It only confirms #008 as my favorite Spyker
    Than you might like this video: Spyker with Damon Video by Jim Speed - Myspace Video

Leave a comment:

• amzamz
    replied
    ... the Heren Spyker restaurant was perfect! Just the "Coupe Spyker" was not on the menu! Or a "Coupe Laviolette" ! See the one of a restaurant in Molsheim (France)!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lm85
    replied
    Originally posted by amzamz View Post
    ... I guess what we saw was basically the beginning of a "Spyker Museum". We were not allowed to take pictures of the Ailerons in the fab, and there probably still is that location a mile down the road (?)...
    It is still a mile down the road.
    The windows are covered

Leave a comment:

• netburner
    replied
    Sadly I missed the opportunity this year as I had to much work to do. Anyway, nice pictures. How many Ailerons were in the factory? Any nice color combinations?

Leave a comment:

• Laviolette GT2R
    replied
    Originally posted by amzamz View Post
    ... I guess what we saw was basically the beginning of a "Spyker Museum".
    I agree, the older cars like #001 and #008 were restorated into prestine condition. Hans van Rennes mentioned #005 (the first Laviolette), #009 (one of the Double 12R's) and the La Turbie are undergoing similar treatment in the near future. With, #001, #005, #008, #009, the La Turbie, the Zagato and the D8 in the museum, I would definitely buy a ticket

Leave a comment:

• amzamz
    replied
    ... I guess what we saw was basically the beginning of a "Spyker Museum". We were not allowed to take pictures of the Ailerons in the fab, and there probably still is that location a mile down the road (?)...

Leave a comment:

• Mattjs33
    replied
    Thanks for the pictures Stephan! They really put out a lot of cool cars for you guys.

Leave a comment:

• Reddingius
    replied
    @laviolette GT2R: Thank you so much for your research! And I find it astounding that a BMW engine once powered an Audi. As for the specs of the engine: It only confirms #008 as my favorite Spyker

Leave a comment:

• Laviolette GT2R
    replied
    Is this Stijnus his jungle find Spyker?

Leave a comment:

• fiona
    replied
    Gutted I couldn't make it this time! Thanks for posting the photos and fingers crossed I'll be able to make the next one.

Leave a comment:

• Laviolette GT2R
    replied
    "In 2002, Morgan anounced a racer developed from the acclaimed Aero 8 road car under the guidance of Chief Development Engineer and 1962 Le Mans 24-hour class winner, Christopher Lawrence. It featured a Heini Mader prepared M62 BMW V8 engine which produced in the region of 500bhp, a weight of under 1000kgs, a carbon fibre hard top and aerodynamic alterations to the original shape."

Source: Morgan Aero 8

Most likely the same engine!

Leave a comment:

• Laviolette GT2R
    replied
    Rumour has it that the 4,0 litre V8 of #008 is in fact the same engine as the ABT team used in the DTM. ABT was campaigning an Audi TT-R as a private team. ABT was not yet linked to Audi at that time but was "just" a privateer and did not have the resources to built it's own engine. They turned to Heini Mader, who built a BMW based engine for ABT, which was later also used in the Double 12R and the Double 12S prototype, #008.

Link BMW based ABT engine: DTM-Motoren : Tourenwagen

I am still not sure what BMW engine was used as base for the engine of #008. The reason is that a lot of parts could have been changed. That way it's almost impossible to recognize the original BMW engine.

But probably one of these: BMW Heaven Specification Database | Engine specifications overview

Leave a comment:

• Laviolette GT2R
    replied
    Originally posted by Reddingius View Post
    #008 is still my all time favourite Spyker. I didn't know it had a BMW-based engine! Do you know what engine model it's based on? I really hope someone orders an Aileron based zagato sometime..
    No I don't know which specific engine it was based on. Will try to find out!

Leave a comment:

• Reddingius
    replied
    #008 is still my all time favourite Spyker. I didn't know it had a BMW-based engine! Do you know what engine model it's based on? I really hope someone orders an Aileron based zagato sometime..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X