#059 - C8 Double 12 Supercharger - Black/Rubi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #059 - C8 Double 12 Supercharger - Black/Rubi

There also was a Russian Laviolette LWB in the Factory that is not in the list yet.

The specialty of this car is that it has the 525 HP V8 Supercharger engine and the rivits.
    Attached Files
    Rijk

Thought I'd post them where they belong

Comment

Is this #059 or the unknown MTM car? Because #059 has a Ruby (=red) interior an the other car has an orange interior.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Okay, so this is the car with the same plate.
            until we find out whether #059 had an interior change. Then it will be #059 too.

Comment

I have to check with Laviolette GT2R, but I believe that the black/orange MTM Double12S was build quite recent (2008). It also had some recent features that #089 can't have.

If I remember we concluded (somewhere on the forum) that the owner of #089 sold his car and bought a new Double12. In Russia you can transfer your license plate.

Comment

The Supercharger was fitted quite recently but the car itself was build much earlier. The Double 12 featured in the Auto, Motor und Sport article is indeed #059.
                Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

So the interior was changed as well?

Comment

Yes it was!

Comment

Found this rather disturbing photoset with this particular photograph...

spyker-c8-double-12-07b.jpg spyker-c8-double-12-07c.jpg

Although the VIN can not be read entirely (although I guess it could be with some good photo software), the 3 in front of the Z suggests Modelyear 2003

Also of interest is the "C8 D12S COUPE AUTOMATIC" on the VIN plate, suggesting that this Double 12 was fitted with an automatic gearbox.

Link to a photoset in highres. If some one could reveal the complete VIN that would be highly appreciated !

Comment

I thought the lights next to the gear linkage always indicated an automatic..

I'm working on that VIN, hoping we see some more
                        Last edited by IVR007; 06-05-2010, 12:22.
                        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

This is the best I got with photoshop

059 VIN.jpg

Guessing by what the other double 12 has as a VIN, I would say

XL9GB14C63Z363059
                          The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

Originally posted by IVR007 View Post
                            I thought the lights next to the gear linkage always indicated an automatic..
                            That's correct but I never saw it on a VIN plate. Thanx for working that picture: Much better!

Comment

Interesting photo! I can't get any better results with my own photo software, so now it's indeed a bit of guessing

However, the first guess of "XL9GB14C63Z363059" is probably incorrect, as the Check Digit (the 9th digit of the VIN) is not correct. And when you look at all the other (known) Double 12 VINs, they all have correct check digits ...

So, can we assume that this part of the VIN is "clear": XL9__14C63Z363059 ???????

IF the fourth digit is indeed a "G", a correct VIN will be: XL9GF14C63Z363059.
                              IF the fifth digit is indeed a "B", a correct VIN will be: XL9HB14C63Z363059.

And if the fourth and the fifth digit are both unknown, we still have approx. 20 possible VINs ... So, it's still a lot of guessing ...

Comment

Working...
                              X