crashing satellite UARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crashing satellite UARS

... most tracking servers are busy. Try this one. Still more than 100 miles above sea level. Speed at around 17,500 miles/h. As you can see from the 2nd graph, everything will go bad after it passes an altitude of 80 miles...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by amzamz; 23-09-2011, 16:06.

... for actual info in text form (+ scientic diagrams), try here. And for spectacular telescope video of the satellite just a few days ago, see here.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

... strange time of the day! Was even outside, as the satellite passed over Germany a few minutes ago! Websites are all quite crowded, at least North Americans and Europeans are all there... The picture shows a NASA satellite tracking website (*) at about 4am (my time)...
      Attached Files

Comment

I saw some debris falling out of the sky about an hour ago. Clear yellow light that extinguished a couple of kms high.
        The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

... could have been meteorites. Not sure.

Ironically, some tracking websites keep going. Are they fake? And if they are, why are they so accurate in terms of orbit? They give different locations now... and some people claim to have seen debris over Canada (correction: this appears to be a hoax). It is confusing, right?

(source1, source2, source3)
          Last edited by amzamz; 24-09-2011, 10:01.

Comment

... very strange. NASA keeps itself covered. No location or crash time, even though one of the figures above suggest there should be a very well defined time for the crash. I am sure they know. Perhaps they need to find the debris before anyone else...

On the other hand, one of the satellite tracking websites keeps going... UARS now at around 80 miles altitude. The website appears reasonable, and claims the signals come from NORAD tracking data. I don't understand this anymore. Is it a computer simulation only? I guess it is...

... best info suggests that the debris came down along a line Seattle - Calgary - Hudson Bay - Labrador - ... - Africa (W-Sahara, Mauretania, Mali, Burkina Faso) - ...
            Last edited by amzamz; 24-09-2011, 19:48.

Comment

Very strange indeed. They are being very evasive about where parts have landed.

Looking at that line you posted, I must have seen something landing above central Africa. Of course assuming that what I saw was part of the satelite.... but I can't imagine it being something else: I have never anything like this.
              The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

I just checked the jard. Found nothing.....

So it isn't here.

I am very curious obaut where it landed! Thank you for the info.

Comment

Working...
                X