... how embarrassing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... how embarrassing!

... how embarrassing is it, to go in my Spyker on the German motorway, full acceleration from behind a truck, and at around 240km/h... there is that black limousine coming from behind!!!! It happens once in a while. Sometimes, it is just that those drivers are more daring in cornering at that speed, going crazy speed in the rain, or that it is some "AMG" or whatever... however, this time it was a Maybach 57S Zeppelin. Stunning acceleration for such a monster car! We actually kept playing a bit... due to traffic only to about 280km/h... but the Maybach clearly accelerates faster!

(... just for the record: the 57S Zeppelin has a 6.0L V12 twin-turbo engine with 640 bhp, source here or here)
    Attached Files

Time for a trip to VF/MTM? :P

Comment

... no. I am happy without supercharger. I am sure as soon as I have one, there will be the next generation Mercedes limousine coming from behind :lol::lol::lol:

Comment

Nice story amzamz,....that must have been a very interesting view for the other motorists.

Comment

Wish I could have been there! Sounds like great fun.

And legal!
          With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

... I am waiting for the first Spyker owner to bolt such a Maybach 57S Zeppelin engine (6.0L V12 twin-turbo with 640 bhp, max torque 1,000Nm) onto a C8. I guess you'd rather choose a long wheelbase, or have some parts of the engine stick out of the back... Is there a way to predict the acceleration performance, and the top speed of such a C8? Speculations welcome !
            Attached Files

Comment

I have only seen two Maybachs in the wild in my life, strangely enough both times were in nearly the same place on a freeway north of Chicago, about a year apart.

Sounds like fun. Damn our speed limits!!

Comment

Doesn't look like it would fit!
                With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Mattjs33 View Post
                  I have only seen two Maybachs in the wild in my life, strangely enough both times were in nearly the same place on a freeway north of Chicago, about a year apart.

Sounds like fun. Damn our speed limits!!
                  Last year I was walking on Park Avenue in Manhattan and saw five Maybachs in five minutes (one was in the Maybach showroom).
                  Rijk

Comment

Working...
                  X