The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do

Comment

• Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
      Already 769 entries
      1,346 now

Comment

• Victor was there as well

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• A couple of Saabs present at the meeting:

[ATTACH]10591[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Unfortunately I couldn't make it, I couldn't get the Amazon running in a timely manner and had other obligations. Too bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpykerOwner View Post
              A couple of Saabs present at the meeting:

[ATTACH]10591[/ATTACH]
              This is a moving testament!
              With Tenacity, No Roof Is Impossible

Comment

• Victor at the Dutch Saab gathering (Dutch language).

Management Swedish Automobile (Spyker) stapt op - Autoblog.nl
                Rijk

Comment

• BMW is reported to be one of 6-7 entities interested in buying Saab in total and continuing production in Trolhättan.

Comment

• So the news now is that the Saab assets have been bought by a Chinese-Japanese group to build electric cars in Sweden. I would post a link but I'm lazy! Apparently the plan is to put electric drivetrains into the 9-3, on sale by late 2013, initially in China. The 9-5 and 9-4X are not included, to go around GM's intellectual property rights. Not really explained is whether they will be branded as Saabs. Strange times.

On another Saab note, our NAPA cataloging software has been showing 2012 Saabs. A while ago I noted to the NAPA people that while Saab did get certification for the 2012 models, no cars have been built by Saab since early last summer. Their reply -- according to them some 2012's did get built, and a few thousand are sitting on a dock somewhere in New Jersey! No speculation what would happen to them, but you almost have to imagine that they very well might make it onto the market somehow eventually. Although who would handle the sales is anybody's guess.

Comment

• Saab sale

Any idea on what the reported sale price ended up being for Saab's assets by this Chinese-Japanese group? Sounds like an odd deal.

Comment

• Buyers refused to disclose purchase price but it's probably around 200m EUR. Making it considerably less than Youngman's bid.
                        Last edited by IVR007; 15-06-2012, 14:24.

Comment

• ... now apparently you can get all sorts of Saab machinery at auction. Among others, this 9-5 SportCombi which never saw the road! (source)
                          Attached Files

Comment

• ... the auction is here.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I'm understanding that these are EU models, does anyone have any insight to the possible U.S.-spec 2012 cars that may or may not have been onshore as in my post above?

If they really were in New Jersey, they may not be anymore...

Comment

• Some Spyker news concerning the signing of the Youngman deal

2012.12.06_Spyker_and_Youngman_sign_definitive_transaction_documents.pdf

Edit: Moved by IVR to a more appropriate location: http://www.spykerowner.com/forum/spy...html#post27790
                                Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 06-12-2012, 16:27.
                                Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

Working...
                                X