• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #015 - C8 Laviolette - Black/Lipstick red

Here are some links from #015 spots:

Autogespot - Spyker C8 Laviolette #015

Autogespot - Spyker C8 Laviolette #015
    Last edited by F Spider; 03-03-2023, 01:18.

#015 or #011

These can be #015 or #011 according to our list:

Spyker C8 Laviolette #015 (or #011?)

Spyker C8 Laviolette #015 (or #011?)

Comment

Some thoughts about the Spyker C8 Laviolette's used in Basic Instinct II:

Four cars were delivered at 3 May 2005 for filming the Basic Instinct II movie, which was to start later that month.
      Basic_Instinct_2_1.jpg
      The car on the left was supposed to be used for all the driving in this movie. The car next to it was originally planned as a back-up car. It is mentioned that this car was road legal. The two cars on the right were rolling chassis only (hence no licence plates).

Thanks to these picture posted by basman007,
      Basic Instinct II crash_1.jpg Basic Instinct II crash_2.jpg
      we know that one of the cars crashed. Since the car on the left was supposed to do all the driving and the second car from the left being the back-up car it is safe to assume that the car which crashed, was the one on the left and filming proceeded with use of the back-up car. Basic Instinct II was released on 31 March 2006.

#015 is displayed at the L.A. Motor Show in January 6-15, 2006 as being the Basic Instinct II car.
      P1200118_LA autoshow 2006_1.jpg P1200118_LA autoshow 2006_3.jpg
      Since it is road legal this is probably the second car from the left, with the KW04 TZX plate. Some of the photographs posted by Spyker 007 do have this KW04 TZX plate. This could indicate that these pictures are of #015, but plates are often swapped around. So I'm not sure, but it does have the early production features like the green needles on the dials and the two vents airco just like the crashed Basic Instinct II car.

I did find this car: Lamborghini Las Vegas.
      10.jpg
      This car is mentioned as having a Bordeaux leather interior, but if you ask me, it is definitely Lipstick Red. It is mentioned as being a 2006 development car owned by the factory and also has all the early production features. It could be that after the L.A. show finished that this car was left at Lamborghini Las Vegas, but that's pure speculation.

The car on the left is sometimes mentioned as being a prototype. At the time of 2005, Spyker had not build many Spykers, let alone many Laviolette's. Where did they get four? It could make sense, but again this is pure speculation, to modify a prototype into one of these four Laviolette's. If it is a prototype, could this have been the first Laviolette, and thus prototype, ever build? Could #005 be rebodied to the latest modifications at that time? Does anybody know what happened to #005? Has everybody seen #005 lately?

I once read that #011 also was involved in the Basic Instinct II movie, but I cannot find the article anymore. If #015 was the first road legal Laviolette, #011 could have possibly been a pre-production (prototype) model...

Will we ever find out?
      Last edited by Laviolette GT2R; 19-11-2014, 17:09.
      Winning on sunday, selling on monday!

Comment

The second car from the left in the four car picture is #015, licenseplate KW04TZX (GB) is still registered to VIN XL9AB116737363015

Comment

Could the '7' in front of the 363 sequence be a 'Z'? Normally there is a 'Z' for Zeewolde.

Comment

Also the 6 in the 8th position is weird as there's usual a letter instead of a figure. The G is a common letter in that position and with that take into account the VIN could be: XL9AB11G73Z363015 This VIN does pass the VIN accuracy check (thanx Hans! see #040 thread ;-) ) and could be the right VIN although it seems weird that two typo's have been made but I guess a '6' looks somewhat like a 'G' and a '7' looks similar to a 'Z'?

Comment

The database I use is a bit incorrect in some cases, sadly it was incorrect at three Spyker VINs as it turns out

Comment

I sthe #015 a US spec car?
                Rijk

Comment

No, I don't think so although it spend some time at Lamborghini Las Vegas and has one Carfax record.

Comment

Working...
                  X